PDA

View Full Version : 05 450R vs 04 KX 100 & 05 450R vs 05 KX 125

4LEAFCLOVER
01-02-2005, 09:48 AM
Hello fellas as you can see in the title that's going to be the set up of what I'm going to be racing. I'm taking a trip in the spring time to Florida and one of my cousins has a 2005 Kawasaki KX 125 and my other cousin has a 2004 Kawasaki KX 100. Both bikes are stock for now. My 2005 TRX 450R has the HRC kit and by then will have either the DR.D slip-on or the Curtis Sparks full exhaust (Which one should I get?). Just need you guys opinions on what might be the out come of the race. I'm not worried about weights of riders nor riders skills because we all are junior riders and our weights are about the same. We will probably be racing 1/4 of a mile maybe a little further. Of course there will be other quads and dirt bikes out there mostly Banshees. Any suggestions for my quad to be able to hang with my cousins dirt bikes and these other quads would greatly be appreciated. It will all be for fun but hey I would still like to have bragging rights on the trip home. ;)

asdf450r
01-02-2005, 12:17 PM
i dont know much about those kawasakis but my 450 killed my friends 02 CR 125. No comparison, the 125 just went through the gears too fast, while he was in 6th i was still half power in 4th. that was only in a straight line drag though and i have exhaust, an airfilter and a cam. Im confident any 450 (even stock) could kill the 125 though, im not sure if youre talking about drag racing or track racing but in a drag race i wouldnt worry youve got it made.

Get the sparks full system btw, you wont regret having header if you plan on getting engine work done. and while youre at it do away with the stock air filter and pick up a uni filter for about 20 bucks. its cheap and breathes a lot better than the stock filter just make sure you oil it right because you dont have as much room for error when oiling an aftermarket filter as you do with stock