PDA

View Full Version : and then it went pop

baggingears11
01-02-2005, 08:55 AM
hey my cam chain keep's poping off. i think it's ether i got the timing wrong or the cam chain need's replaced. i tried to get my tentioner thing to go be tighter but it did't help i put every thing back on and it pop't again taking the head of and putting it back on my 300ex is killing me what do yall think the problem is

kyle

mojoe2878
01-02-2005, 09:01 AM
your tensioner piston is shot or the cam chain is too stretched for the tensioner to do any good. try a new tensioner first since its the easiest, but if you already have to take it back apart to get the chain on again then go ahead and replace the chain too, and check the chain sprocket teeth for wear while your at it.

baggingears11
01-02-2005, 10:29 AM
i think it has to be the chain because the tensioner is at the max or the farthest it can go out but with the cam chain is it gust like a bike chain i realy havent look't at it to take it off

hondardr4life
01-02-2005, 11:58 AM
I was going to replace mine with my 330 kit, but it looked really hard to do. Now, I dunno if I just didnt see how to do it, but it looked like I have to take off the clutch and oil pump, and there is a weird nut on the clutch that looked like a pain in the @$$ to take off.

beak7707
01-02-2005, 12:18 PM
I would say you need a new cam chain. I've had to replace them in a coupe 300's. Your best bet is to buy a heavy duty D.I.D. replace and be done with it.

hondardr4life
01-02-2005, 03:15 PM
How hard is it to replace one? Like what all do you have to take off? I bought a DID timing chain, but like I said, I didn't wanna mess with installing it.

baggingears11
01-02-2005, 05:09 PM
does the chain have a link to connect or does it come apart like a bike chain or do i have to go threw the motor cuz im like hondardr4life thats to much for me

K

hondardr4life
01-02-2005, 05:21 PM
I'm sure I could do it, but its the issue of not wanting to. It would be kind of hard if youy have to do everything I think you have to do. And no, it does not have a masterlink. I looked all over it when I had my engine torn down.