PDA

View Full Version : Header mod, and silencer

04-24-2002, 05:53 PM
Alright, I got my 400 a couple weeks ago and I am already gonna start putting money into it. I eard most pipes only add 2-3 horsepower, so I ordered a White bros E series silencer. Do I need to rejet? And I have been hearing about this header mod, can anyone explain to me how to do this, and will i need to rejet after that?!! Thanks alot to anyone that helps. Sorry for the long post.

L8r,
Eddie

Wheelie
04-24-2002, 08:48 PM
If you're mechanically inclined, everything you've described shouldn't present a problem. For the header mods, I recommend doing a search, this question has been brought up frequently recently. The header mods won't require jetting changes, stock or modded.

If you don't remove the airbox lid, or cut holes in it, jetting probably won't be necessary. Otherwise it will.

Hope this helps.

BTW--What elevation are you at?

bluebaron
04-24-2002, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Hardass400
Alright, I got my 400 a couple weeks ago and I am already gonna start putting money into it. I eard most pipes only add 2-3 horsepower, so I ordered a White bros E series silencer. Do I need to rejet? And I have been hearing about this header mod, can anyone explain to me how to do this, and will i need to rejet after that?!! Thanks alot to anyone that helps. Sorry for the long post.

L8r,
Eddie

really u eard that. I eard things all the time!

hahahaha