PDA

View Full Version : Do i need to re jett if im gettign a wb e serious slip on pipe??

09-04-2001, 08:53 PM
if i put on a slip on and dont re jett it will i have crapy top end or anything else. i just want to put it on and go out riding not going out a rejetting ??? pleae help???:huh

400grl
09-04-2001, 10:45 PM
I didn't have to rejet when I got mine - but it depends on your altitude. When you get your pipe you will have instructions in it that tell you if you will have to rejet it or not. I didn't make any airbox mods, and I kept all 12 disks in, and my bike runs awesome.

I am going to drill holes in the lid on my airbox, though, so we'll see if I have to rejet for that.

max400EX
09-04-2001, 10:49 PM
i o no if u doe ur nout bout u mite hav tuh re jett tha 4whaller

Moto92
09-04-2001, 11:19 PM
You dont have to rejet buy just adding a pipe. I put on a Pro Circuit pipe and didnt and it runs great. The pipe is letting exhaust out. If you were to add a filter like a K&N the you need to rejet because then you have more air coming in, therefore needing more fuel. Hondas are set to run rich from the factory. By taking off your air box lid it will add more air and balance it out.
That is how Im running mine now...pipe, stock filter and jet, and no air box lid.

09-05-2001, 07:56 AM
Fearthisracer,,,,,,I can't see how your bike runs OK with stock jetting and no airbox lid,and aftermarket pipe,,,even if it is a stock air filter,,your letting ALOT more air in with the lid offf so you need to let more gas in also,Which means a different main jet,,,Your bike never backfires or has problems starting or bogs????

All I can say is you got yourself a magic bike,,,when I put just a new slip on pipe on mine it didn't run correctly,,and I left everything stock,,,if I took the lid off It probably wouldn't run worth a crap or not at all,,,,I hate to say it but your bike has got to be running lean which means your probably gonna see motor problems before the year turns IF you don't make some jetting changes or like I said before you must have yourself a magic bike,,,,,,,,,,,,abra cadabra.....:huh

Wheelie
09-05-2001, 08:41 AM
Earlier this year I started modding my quad for more power and found out real quick that the smallest intake/exhaust mods will require atleast a small jetting change.

If you don't modify your airbox lid, you might be O.K with the stock jetting, but you will get a lot more power if you drill some holes in the airbox lid or remove it and jet up.

radchad3
09-05-2001, 04:35 PM
Have to agree with Rico and Wheelie on this one. ANY time you make modifications to the intake or exhaust, it changes air flow and therefore the carb NEEDS to be adjusted to compensate.

trx400ex
09-05-2001, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by max400EX
i o no if u doe ur nout bout u mite hav tuh re jett tha 4whaller

????????????????????????

how do you like those brake pads?

Leo
09-05-2001, 06:01 PM
I just put on a pro-cirucit T4 slip on....

Wound up with a 162 main, also have a 40 pilot on order (pilot screw is 2 1/2+ turns out).. I think it's still a tad lean but a 162 was the biggest I had..

The bike ran very poorly until I rejetted..

Leo