PDA

View Full Version : ahh this polaris sucks!

phatswinn
04-24-2002, 05:38 PM
my stepdad has a polaris scrambler 400 4x4, we just got dont boreing it out and changing the piston because the ring broke inside (donno how that happened but it did) we went for a ride after like 3 hours of breaking it in and we stoped for a break, then when he went to start it back up it didnt start, thers plenty of ,oil ,gas air ,spark and compression but it will not start were totally confused, after boring it out .080 out would we have to go up a size jet or something? please help!

DEAL
04-24-2002, 06:22 PM
When you bore your motor you should re-jet.

Woodsrider
04-24-2002, 07:31 PM
You should go talk to the guys in the Polaris forum at atvconnection. those guys know their stuff.
Good luck

yellowrider
04-25-2002, 04:15 AM
POLARIS DOES NOT SUCK THEY JUST TAKE A LITTLE BIT MORE MONEY FOR THEM TO RUN RIGHT!! TRUSTE ME I KNOW I HAVE ONE

but when we did the same thing that you are doing we made it premix and it solved the promblem and also we had a horrible missing we finally took it to the shop expecting for the worse but it had something to do in the electrical system

Jay300ex
04-25-2002, 05:30 AM
check your plug, sometimes the compression inside the cyclinder makes a plug not spark when its in the head but if its out it does, mainly because the plug is fouled ;) might be an idea to check though, and rejet it

jay

phatswinn
04-25-2002, 02:41 PM
ight ill check atvconnection , we changed the plug 4 fimes with no result, thanks for the quick help