PDA

View Full Version : Laegers a-arm bushings

ky300ex
01-01-2005, 09:26 PM
I bought a set of used +2 Laegers a-arms for a 300ex that i'm rebuilding and when i tried to put them on,the stock a-arms bolts wouldn't fit.The bolts are too big and won't go through the bushing.What should i try next?Should i just replace the bushings or do they make smaller a-arm bolts to fit these?

bradley300
01-02-2005, 06:16 PM
the stock bolts should work, i would get new bushings, or maybe you can use a drill and make the holes a little bigger?

ky300ex
01-02-2005, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the help Bradley! The bushings in the Laeger's arms look nothing like the stock bushings. On the stock arms you have to remove the outer collar,dust seal and then the ring to be able to remove the bearing. On the Laegers arms, the bearing is as long as the bushing.... i can remove it without removing anything else. Since i bought them used they may have different bushings and bearings than what came with them originally. I 'll give Laegers a call and get some info. from them.

If i have to replace the bushings, what brand should i get ?

Thanks for the help!

bradley300
01-03-2005, 04:45 AM
there are a few companies that use a pivot works kit for there bushings and bearings, i would try them. urethane bushings are a heck of alot cheaper tho. jeff at the quadshop got me a set a few years back, but i dont know what brand they were. i', sure he can find them again if you give him a call

Honda5
01-03-2005, 06:19 AM
OK here is the problem, you have the old style bushings, you can change them out for the new style and you will be ok but it is a little costly. Are they 250r arms? It sounds like you got arms made for a Laeger chassie. I went thru this myself and if you order bushings make sure they understand your problem you have 3/8 bushings now and need to change over to 10mm.
hope this helps. If you need help finding them I can look for the guys name I got them from.

ky300ex
01-03-2005, 05:08 PM
Thanks for all of the help guys! I asked the guy that i got them from and he's sending me the correct bolts.

I think they are the 3/8 bushings.I was trying to find the bolts at a hardware store and 3/8 fit perfect.Just couldn't find one that would work .lol

Honda5
01-03-2005, 05:35 PM
you can't use 3/8 bolts because your frame has 10mm holes and the arms will egg out the a-arm mounts

ky300ex
01-04-2005, 07:10 PM
Honda5,i never even thought of that.You're right....the 3/8 bolts would be a little too small for the 10mm arm mounts. I'll probably go ahead and get new 10mm bushings for it.

Honda5
01-04-2005, 07:26 PM
that will probably be best and if you keep them greased up they will last a long time.