PDA

View Full Version : Dial A jet

397ccEX
01-01-2005, 07:36 PM
Who has a Dial a jet i trave to different altitudes alot and i wonder how it works

400exr
01-02-2005, 01:52 PM
I got one and it runs perfect. I've run it from 100 to 4500 feet above sea level and it works just perfect.

397ccEX
01-02-2005, 03:58 PM
is it hard to adjust ?
How do you adjust it

400exr
01-02-2005, 04:19 PM
It installs right onto the boot that connects from your airbox to your carb. The closer to your carb the better. Anyway, then with a hose that goes to your float bowl screw, it sucks in fuel and injects it into the air comming from your airbox through your carb. On the Dial a jet body its self the is a dial which tunes how much air is being injected with the fuel from your float bowl. There are holes in this dial, the larger hole the more air the dial a jet injects with the feul, so the leaner the jetting. the smaller the hole, well the richer the jetting. The Dial-ajet only replaces your main jet setting. It's not very hard to install, they have really good instructions, and the coustomer service is really good too. It took me about an hour to install. thats doing everythig from taking off the plastic sides, and tank to installing the dial a jet to changing the main jet ( you need to drop this two to three sizes so the dial a jet has room to work with), and putting everything back together. I like mine alot, and it has held up nicely, even through a couple MX races.

397ccEX
01-02-2005, 04:40 PM
That sounds good i might get one
And the dial is outside of the carb and does iat tell you how much to turn it for diff altitudes
Cuz my bike runs like **** if I go to different altitudes

400exr
01-02-2005, 04:50 PM
yup, it installs out side of your carb. They give you this little booklet that explains how the Dial-a-jet works and how to adjust it. I like it and it works nice with different altitudes.

400exr
01-02-2005, 04:56 PM
You might want to talk to Quadjunkies too, I know she tried one and was having problems with hers.