PDA

View Full Version : 125 rebuild

ny300exrider
01-01-2005, 06:28 PM
my friend is getting out of quads and wants a dirtbike:o he was wondering what the average cost of a top end rebuild on a 125 would be for everything. also what is the usual amount of time a 125 will go without needing a top end and what exactly is needed within the rebuild (piston,rings hone cylinder)?? im not that familiar with dirtbikes so maybe someone can help me out, thanks

mojoe2878
01-01-2005, 11:49 PM
the average cost if its just rings piston and a hone and gaskets is usually around 150 to 200 if he does the work himself , if he just needs rings and a hone job it will be about 90 to 100 less since you arent buying a new piston. they usually dont need a new piston on every top end rebuild. when the reeds need replacing that will be over a hundred there too.
the rings dont last very long on a 125 two stroke, he will be re-ringing it fairly often.
he would be better off getting a 250f of some kind, they are more tourqey and they can go alot longer in between rebuilds and are better all around woods and race bikes.

FBRacing76
01-02-2005, 02:07 AM
when i re-built my 125 I was told not to have it honed because it is nickel plated from the factory!

mojoe2878
01-02-2005, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by FBRacing76
when i re-built my 125 I was told not to have it honed because it is nickel plated from the factory!
some of them are nickisal plated and if you have them honed or bored then they have to be replated and that is expensive, but not all the sleeves are plated and you can have a different one installed to do away with that.