PDA

View Full Version : oil cooler

mossracing47
01-01-2005, 02:08 PM
does any know of any good after market oil coolers?

JDiablo
01-01-2005, 02:09 PM
for which machine?

TC426EX
01-01-2005, 02:16 PM
I run an FST external oil cooler and absolutely LOVE and reccomend it! It taps into your clutch cover and rocker cover and feeds cooled oil directly into your head. I did some other mods, like add a vented quadtech hood, scoops, use synthetic oil, and run a cooler plug now, but I have seen a 50 degree or better difference in my oil temperatures. I have a temp. guage on my oil dipstick (thanks C+D), so thats not an estimated value, it really works!

Do a search for FST* cooler. Be sure to add the star after FST since it wont let you search anything under 4 letters. Youll find a multitude of information on this subject....

nosliw
01-01-2005, 02:17 PM
a friend of mine ripped a trans cooler of an old car in the junkyard and used that

MarkyNark
01-01-2005, 03:21 PM
I have a neutral opinion on that cooler that taps your valve cover and clutch cover case. I'm sure it cools good, but thats a lot of labor involved to make it work and I'm not sure if you'd save any money over something like the ACE cooler/tank by the time it all said and done.

I've been running the ACE cooler/tank for a year and it runs and runs and runs and I have had no heat related problems at all. I do use synthetic oil as well. I also run VP U4 fuel, and the combination seems to keep her cooler than stock.

The nice thing about the ACE tank/cooler is that it is plug and play - no machining of the valve cover or clutch cover case.

frosti108
01-01-2005, 03:58 PM
i have an FST cooler on my 300 and there was no machining or anything needed to put it on...

all you have to do is cut the oil line just about in half, mend each half into whatever postition you want, connect hoses to each open oil line, run those hoses to the cooler, and your done...

extremely simple and effective... you can really tell it runs a lot cooler :cool: