PDA

View Full Version : Attention racers: please read!

slosh13
12-31-2004, 08:43 PM
With all the new sound restrictions being brought up in the racing scene, what pipe would be qualified to be under the 102 db rule with a built motor? I had intentions of buying the sparks bigcore but it would seem foolish to buy a pipe and then perhaps even halfway through the year sell it b/c is doesn't fit the restriction. The pipes I am aware of now that might qualify are the HMF QRS, Yoshimura TRS, and the Pulse Charger. Anyone else have any suggestions that would help me out?

AtvMxRider
12-31-2004, 08:45 PM
I would go with the HMF if it were me

holeshot19
12-31-2004, 08:47 PM
now i wondering the same thing i have a duncan fatboy 4 last year it was border line but i wonder if all the exaust manfactures are going to make a quite core for them

slosh13
12-31-2004, 09:43 PM
I hear ya man. It is going to be an eye opener for all the aftermarket pipe manufacturers. It will be a true test for all of them to see if they can make a pipe with no power loss than their current pipe but making it less than the 102 db level.

steveatv3
01-01-2005, 12:29 AM
Hey slosh i got a HMF full system for my 450R does that meet the restrictions?

IM me with some pics of the ride your workin on!

ms250r
01-01-2005, 01:34 AM
I just bought the Gt-thunder full exhaust and its not going to pass next year, but i am going to leave it on for this up and coming year. Then see what the pros are using, and which ones are not robbing hp, before i rush out and buy a new exhaust.

Zwanter
01-01-2005, 06:26 PM
/\ that sounds like the best thing to do

WhiteZee
01-02-2005, 06:50 PM
the pulse charger is going to be the best pipe IMO. not only will it give you the most hp of any pipe on the market, it will be the quietest, other then stock or some other very restrictive pipe.

countypark
01-02-2005, 07:43 PM
I have an MBRP Power Tech 4 and it passed at the Ironman after running the whole season 99dbs. I'm super happy with it.

the Z Man
01-02-2005, 07:48 PM
I have the GT Thunder as well, I was told that iti s at the 102 dbs. but it sounds way louder than that...

jmpulse
01-02-2005, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by WhiteZee
the pulse charger is going to be the best pipe IMO. not only will it give you the most hp of any pipe on the market, it will be the quietest, other then stock or some other very restrictive pipe.

:rolleyes: 96dB does not make them the quietest, and then the hp numbers that they will not even give out when asked for. There is already a system out that is quiet, and produces good power gains.

RIDER11X
01-03-2005, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
I would go with the HMF if it were me

I agree!:cool:

WhiteZee
01-03-2005, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by jmpulse
:rolleyes: 96dB does not make them the quietest, and then the hp numbers that they will not even give out when asked for. There is already a system out that is quiet, and produces good power gains.
what are you saying? "then the hp numbers that they will not even give out when asked for"? are you saying the PC will not make more hp then any other pipe on the market? if thats whats your trying to say then you are very wrong.

brandonpeake
01-03-2005, 06:50 AM
have they got any dyno's from the pulse charger from an outside source? i just want to see that, i havent seen anything posted yet, its not everythingi would rather have torque over ths hp anyway, but so far it seems like alot of hype, b/c no one over here has seen anything just heard

Johnson
01-03-2005, 07:08 AM
I have the Sport HMF full system and it sounds prety quite but I will find out in Texas. I also got a quite core for it.

beak7707
01-03-2005, 09:04 AM
I was wondering this also, I'm running the balance full HMF. I dont think its as loud as the duncan but its pretty loud.

RissExtremeATV
01-03-2005, 09:41 AM
i disagree with ya beak the Bill ballance pipe is alot louder then the duncan even if the ballance has a quite core. the duncan pipe pasted at the mountainer in west virginia with a 102 with old packing i saw somethat where blowing 110 without quite cores.

jmpulse
01-03-2005, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by WhiteZee
what are you saying? "then the hp numbers that they will not even give out when asked for"?

I e-mailed them for the dyno numbers, and they sent back an e-mail stating that they don't play the dyno game!

[i]are you saying the PC will not make more hp then any other pipe on the market?

There is no proof on either side on this. I am using a pipe that is putting out better than most numbers, and doing it at the 93dB range.

[i]if thats whats your trying to say then you are very wrong.

Please feel free to prove me wrong. Provide a dyno graft. I have yet to see anything beyond a person of two stating the it is the pipe to end all pipes.:rolleyes:

WhiteZee
01-03-2005, 01:35 PM
lol, i have seen probley at least 10 dyno graphs on www.trx450r.org . you can get on their and find them yourself. and speaking of out side sources? is hotcams good enuff for you??
http://www.trx450r.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=3869

brif
01-03-2005, 05:06 PM
jmpulse, do a search for my username. I posted a dynochart on this site, that had a pulsecharger dyno on it. The info is out there. You just have to look for it.................

jmpulse
01-03-2005, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by brif
jmpulse, do a search for my username. I posted a dynochart on this site, that had a pulsecharger dyno on it. The info is out there. You just have to look for it.................

This is the only post that the search came up when searching for your username and pulsecharger.:confused:

RIDER11X
01-03-2005, 11:11 PM
At least HMF gives the option of a quiet core, so if you are not passing the check, you can put that in, not toss it in the garbage like some others.............

Does the LRD full systems pass?

TheMachine
01-04-2005, 08:21 AM
I just got an FMF factory 4 full exhaust. I wonder it it would meet the requirements

brandonpeake
01-04-2005, 08:58 AM
i wasnt dis crediting it whitezee i just have not seen anything on it till then , i just wanted to see something on it thats alll , i had just heard stuff, i think alot of us will be looking for pipe before long with the requirements like they are going to be

culookn
01-04-2005, 04:49 PM
does this apply to all districts? anyone try the albaa exhaust, ive heard good things about it.

WhiteZee
01-04-2005, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by brandonpeake
i wasnt dis crediting it whitezee i just have not seen anything on it till then
i seriously find that hard to believe, unless you just do not go into the engine forum on .org, which i highly doubt.

brandonpeake
01-04-2005, 05:44 PM
seriously i dont i have seen some posts on it but not any dynos the last post i saw on there said it wasnt finished yet, i asked a few questions on there recently and before that is was before the original owner sold the site, i spend most of my time here ouadzone or my site dont have time for may more but ill check it out, i have no reason to lie about it i had just heard stuff about it and wanted to see something, everyone toutedit as the end all be all of exhausts and i just wanted to see something like everyone else

brif
01-04-2005, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by jmpulse
This is the only post that the search came up when searching for your username and pulsecharger.:confused:

Try this link..........

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=132564&perpage=15&pagenumber=6

jmpulse
01-04-2005, 11:05 PM
Try this link..........

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=132564&perpage=15&pagenumber=6

So with that dyno, what is that over stock? My 450R is over 46hp with just the LTE exaust, and HRC cam. This is on a very consertivative Dyno Jet dyno. That is a gain of over 8 hp.

brif
01-05-2005, 04:15 PM
We didn't have a stocker there that day. The bike with the pulse-charger and my bike both had more mods than yours. I curious what ours would have pulled on your dyno. 46hp with a pipe and cam isn't what I would call a "conservitive dyno".

jmpulse
01-05-2005, 10:51 PM
We didn't have a stocker there that day. The bike with the pulse-charger and my bike both had more mods than yours. I curious what ours would have pulled on your dyno. 46hp with a pipe and cam isn't what I would call a "conservitive dyno".

When the quads are run on other dynos, they show 3+hp gains over the runs that have been made. The dyno used has been right on the stock numbers that widely accepted. The TRX400EX stock pulled right at 24hp, the YFZ450 was right at 39 stock, plus others. I am very confortable with the numbers I talk about. With out a stock base line, the numbers that are posted could mean just about anything.

bradley300
01-05-2005, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by beak7707
I was wondering this also, I'm running the balance full HMF. I dont think its as loud as the duncan but its pretty loud.

according to the flyer at the ironman, you prolly wont pass, put a quiet core in it and you should pass,but it might be close

WhiteZee
01-06-2005, 01:19 PM
bradley, what did it say on the flier?

red2004 TRX450R
01-06-2005, 02:49 PM
How do they test for the dB?

In auto racing they started sound testing and they would have to do a drive by with the meter on the drivers side.

So the racers just used turn downs to make the sound go down instead of straight out or they just put the exists on the other side of the car. With makes the reading a lot less that it really is.

If they had a standardized testing procedure like in the right behind the quad 6in from the ground just get I tip that puts the sound some where other then into the meter

jacksongncc450
01-06-2005, 06:07 PM
I think these sound restrictions are gay!!!

jmpulse
01-06-2005, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by red2004 TRX450R
How do they test for the dB?

If they use the USFS standard. It is 20" away from the tip at a 45deg angle. The dB meter should be perpendicular from that 45deg angle. The motor is them reved up to a predefined rpm, depending on make and model.