PDA

View Full Version : Outlander Max

Danlwil
12-30-2004, 10:41 PM
Any OM owners out there?

I'm considering purchasing this quad and am interested in hearing your reviews.

What is your opinion of it's:
Handling
Power
Maintenence
Reliability

thanks in advance for your responses :cool:

HondaForemanNo1
12-31-2004, 11:28 AM
Not many people own a Bombardier in ATV's. Nothing against them, they're just not as popular. However, I hear they're a pretty decent 4wheeler to have.

I hear they have a pretty decent ride and good handling. I don't know much about the maintainence and reliability of one, though. My suggestion is to go ride one at a dealer, and also, ride some others in the 400 class while you're there. Are you searching for a solely automatic or could you go w/ a manual?

Danlwil
12-31-2004, 06:20 PM
I did a test drive yesterday.... "with a passenger".

I WAS impressed..... just looking for owner responses....

I'm sure that since they (OM) are a new model and since BRP isn't too popular down here that there are not too many owners...

Just hoping to get a few folks who's ridden them and maybe owned one.

TBH... the one concern I have is with the power to weight ratio.... they are a heavy bike but seem to roll around a track pretty well.... Would like to test drive one on a "real"trail.

I'm probably going to get one since there is a VERY limited selection of 2 rider bikes. I'd like to be able to "better" haul the wife and g kids.

dn1911
01-06-2005, 11:39 PM
i don't have the Max but i do have a single seater. it is a first quad for the GF and it is perfect. they climb anything handle awsome, little or no maintence besides oil. EPI clutch kit and your set. i want to make ours faster but i ride a 450R so ya it is a little slow for me, but i still fell in love with it.

Danlwil
01-09-2005, 08:28 AM
Well.... we took the plunge :D :D

Bought a bomb max with the xt package..... Really a great bike.

The most notable thing is that the wife is really excited to get out there and ride.... She test drove it and loved it.... that's a SCORE!

We're anxious to get it out and get some pics.

Gonna be an awesome year of quadding fun! :D :D

LoneToySoldier
11-20-2005, 03:45 AM
My dad just bought the single seater 400 and we love it. Rides good, great power about the same price as my Rancher with MUCH better features. I think the stickers and plastic looks cheap, but the underneath is awesome, completely outclasses my Rancher and my grandfather's Kodiak. I'm still waiting to see on the maintenance, but so far I'm very impressed.