PDA

View Full Version : CT Racing Pro-X 330 Power Package

ewathen
12-30-2004, 10:16 AM
Has anyone purchased this package from CT Racing? How Does it compare to Eddie Sanders?

Thanks.

racerx573
12-30-2004, 01:20 PM
I'd go ESR, better custom service from what I hear... you will need case work done however, unless u get the ESR w/ the modded skirt, but that's not too good of an idea..

ewathen
12-30-2004, 01:31 PM
Why is the ESR with the modded piston skirt not a good idea?

racerx573
12-30-2004, 01:46 PM
I don't think it would as reliable as one with the case work done right.

brokenbones
12-30-2004, 06:15 PM
if you get an esr you get excellent customer support i cant say enough about my 330 its a spacer plate non bolt on motor

they told me to go that way its been nothing but realiable for two years i just sent it in to be completely gone thru and it was back in 17 days from the day it left my house

thats just my two cents
brokenbones

Thumperz4Life
01-02-2005, 10:54 AM
Im running an ESR 330PV setup and I must say that I absolutely love it. It took a while to dial it in and it was very tempermental at first, but now I have it figured out and it has been running STRONG for the last 5 trips (about 5-7 tanks). I cant comment on CT because I have not dealt with them nor have I ever seen or raced any of their products. I can say that ESR, although kinda pricey, has definately won me over as a customer. Their customer service is above many aftermarket companies that I have ever dealt with. They are always available to talk on the phone if you have any questions or problems and their turn-around time for shipping is FAST. All of my motor/exhaust on my 250r is ESR and when I get my 450r, you can bet it will be getting the ESR treatment. Good luck with whatever you choose !

nacs400ex
01-02-2005, 06:52 PM
I have seen a CT310 in action on the track. I wasnt really impressed. Almost every race it would be either blowing up or something breaking. Although it could have been due to poor maintenance.

However I was extremely impressed with the ESR PV 330. That thing RIPS!!! I havent ridden it, but a fellow racer has one.

Scott270R
01-03-2005, 10:08 PM
Nacs400EX,

I can vouch for CT racing's power. I raced a 270 kit in 1998 in the Georgia Flat Track league. I won the ATV Open Pro class with this engine kit that year. I beat many modded banshees and big bore Honda kits as well. The problem with a 270 is that you have to make it a screamer to compete and gear it lower/ shift alot more to make them quick. I am 30 years old now and I wanted something with more torque. My new ESR 330 bolt on kit is very impressive, it is a little bit faster on top end but I can say that for track racing where the first turn is only 75-100 feet from the starting gate the 270 might be a hair quicker in that short of a distance. Allen Knowles (CT) is very knowledgable and you will want to only deal with him as far as setup. I wouldn't hesitate at all to get a 330 Kit from him. Just gear up to take advantage of the torque and you will haul! I bought this ESR kit because It was too good of a deal to pass up and I didn't have to go into the bottom end again, just bolt on like a 310 kit. If you need to go into the bottom end anyway, either would be a good choice.

nacs400ex
01-04-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Scott270R
Nacs400EX,

I can vouch for CT racing's power. I raced a 270 kit in 1998 in the Georgia Flat Track league. I won the ATV Open Pro class with this engine kit that year. I beat many modded banshees and big bore Honda kits as well. The problem with a 270 is that you have to make it a screamer to compete and gear it lower/ shift alot more to make them quick. I am 30 years old now and I wanted something with more torque. My new ESR 330 bolt on kit is very impressive, it is a little bit faster on top end but I can say that for track racing where the first turn is only 75-100 feet from the starting gate the 270 might be a hair quicker in that short of a distance. Allen Knowles (CT) is very knowledgable and you will want to only deal with him as far as setup. I wouldn't hesitate at all to get a 330 Kit from him. Just gear up to take advantage of the torque and you will haul! I bought this ESR kit because It was too good of a deal to pass up and I didn't have to go into the bottom end again, just bolt on like a 310 kit. If you need to go into the bottom end anyway, either would be a good choice.

Its not that I didnt think CT had power, it just seemed that their engine wasnt reliable. But as I stated before it could have been due to the owner.