PDA

View Full Version : 100 more miles of trails at Hatfield/McCoy Trails in Aug02

04-24-2002, 07:19 AM
100 new miles of Hatfield-McCoy trail to open by late summer
April 24, 2002 4:15 AM
Charleston
The Hatfield and McCoy Recreation Trail system will open 100 miles of new trail this summer in Boone County.
The addition, about 20 miles south of Charleston, should be open by August First. Sections of the trail have already opened in Mingo and Logan counties.
The trail system will ultimately provide hikers and all-terrain, motorcycle, horseback and bike riders access to trails in McDowell, Mercer, Boone, Mingo, Lincoln, Logan, Wayne and Wyoming counties.
Developers hope to connect coal mining access and gas line roads in West Virginia, Kentucky and Virginia to create a two-thousand-mile trail system.

redzoomer
04-24-2002, 08:28 AM
Do you know if this will be a new trail head or just tied into one of the existing trails.... Logan is the nearest to Charleston, and they close a good bit of that last year to go back in and mine or something. It will be awesome when they get it all tied together.

04-24-2002, 09:06 AM
I'm not sure if it will be a new Trailhead or not.... I'm going to WV this weekend to ride but not at H/M.... I'll try to find out some more info though... I'll be hitting H/M in June!!!

Ben
04-24-2002, 03:00 PM
It will be a new trailhead and only takes about 20 minutes at most to get to from Charleston. There won't really be any sit down places to eat at the trail head unless they build something but Charleston is so close it won't matter.

04-24-2002, 03:10 PM
Hey Moaz,

Are you originally from WV?? My parents and brother live in Nitro and Teays Valley. I live in Woodbridge, VA but I'm trying to get back home to WV.... I'll be heading to WV tomorrow for my dad's B-day!!! (actually it's a very good excuse to go home and ride but I won't tell him that) Thanks for the info on the trail.

Ben
04-24-2002, 03:13 PM
Yes I was born and raised here. Where is your dad's place here? Are you going riding this weekend?

04-24-2002, 03:20 PM
I went to school at Nitro and graduated in 92. My parents live near Nitro High School. I think my brother and I are going riding on Friday. Not really riding, more like breaking in. He just bought a Raptor and I have to test out my bike because I had a bunch of mods done to it.

Ben
04-24-2002, 03:22 PM
Sounds good. I graduated from Capital in 97. What bike do you ride? It looks like Friday should be nice here.

04-24-2002, 03:30 PM
I have a 2000 YZ250 w/ a bunch of mods that I don't really need. The bike is hardly ever ridden. My brother has a Raptor and a Wolverine. My riding buddy up here has a 2002 400EX so I know how your bike rides!!! My ex-girlfriend graduated from Capital in 93. Very small world.....

Ben
04-24-2002, 03:31 PM
Pretty cool....