PDA

View Full Version : help about tires

infinite
12-29-2004, 09:18 PM
ok boyz and girlz quick question and i dont want everyone fighting over this, i live in cali and do all types of riding sand, dirt, trail and even urban offroading "where me and my boyz head out in the middle of the night mobbing off loading docks and stairwells and lots of other fun poop" ; ) well i would like to know which tire is the best for all i said plus jumping and im talking big time jumping. cause as it is i just got my hiper rims and i need the best set of tires for my set up now ive done my homework and i know lighter is better when jumping because the weight differnces on what u guys are talking about are a big factor ok irazr's weight 18 back and 12 front, razr 2s are 17 back and 12 front and both are 6 ply but what about the razr mx tires there 12 back and 9 front but are 4 ply but as u can see that is a huge differnce in weight. thats 18 lbs of extra weight on my bike if i go with the i's or 2's but also the traction and durabilatity is a big factor also. and i know what u guys are saying about the whole tire vs track feel and rider perfernce. but since i do so much different riding and dont want to change my tires all the time"except when i roll to glamis baby paddles all the way" but during all other conditions what do u guys think? see i live across the street from maxxis so i got the hookup there "dam they got a killer loading dock that we play on and a ****en nice set of stairs we roll up and jump" so i really just needs some opinions on what would be best for me. thanks alot guys i think this is my first post lol so bare with me.

450Rkid
12-29-2004, 09:35 PM
on my highly mod. 250r I used to run itp hole shots they are basicaly the best tire in my book but my 450r i still have the stock tires but am saving for a pair of holeshots

400exrider707
12-29-2004, 11:37 PM
Your OEM tire will probably be the best set up for all of that riding. They are made to be an all around tire, and they last pretty long too (the 450R stock ones anyways)

chris450R
12-30-2004, 12:58 AM
i would say the razr2's. because the tread life on them are great. they will last forever. the mx's won't last very long if you are on pavement and in the sand they probably won't hook up good. but the 2's will be great for all. if i were you i would run 20's in the back and 21's up front. then you should be set.:devil:

btlblwnracer
12-30-2004, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Your OEM tire will probably be the best set up for all of that riding. They are made to be an all around tire, and they last pretty long too (the 450R stock ones anyways)

i would try the stock tires first befor you go out and buy anything,at the sand drags here (more like gravel drags ) if i take my razr2 (which are on beadlocks(heavy)) and replace them with the stock tire i pick up .2 seconds and 1.4 mph in 300ft,if your worried about tire wieght , I figured i would share this

infinite
12-30-2004, 01:17 PM
thanks guys i really like to thank u guys for the input. see my stockers are gone i mean gone they have no thread on them what so ever. theres even big *** gashes in the tire from the nobbies getting tore up. and i also heard that your wright about the mx's i heard they wear real fast so i think im gonna roll with the razr 2's cause see i got the hoook up there and im getting them for 50 bucks each u see my point why im rolling with the maxxis. plus ive heard people fight back and fourth "no itp's are better, no maxxis's are better" these tires are in the same league and there both the best so i just figure i go with the company i got the hook up with. but thanks for your help guys i just couldnt decide on which kinds of maxxis's i was gonna run.