PDA

View Full Version : omf scoop installation

nosliw
12-29-2004, 05:22 PM
whats the deal? i got these in the mail today, start puting bolts in, the upper and lower one mount but when i get to the rear most one it's not even close. it says in the directions that its for a 400ex. and i'm sure i got them on there right ( omf stick on the outside, and the ( looking part facing forward)

what am i doing wrong?

bulkdriverlp
12-29-2004, 05:36 PM
i think the curved part faces forward, make sure you have the right one for the right side. (proper)

exrider123
12-29-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by nosliw
whats the deal? i got these in the mail today, start puting bolts in, the upper and lower one mount but when i get to the rear most one it's not even close. it says in the directions that its for a 400ex. and i'm sure i got them on there right ( omf stick on the outside, and the ( looking part facing forward)

what am i doing wrong?

The curved part is forward like this:

http://www.nyriders.com/reviews/omfscoops/omf02.jpg

http://www.nyriders.com/reviews/omfscoops/omf05.jpg

nosliw
12-29-2004, 06:36 PM
yea, i had them going the right way. i looked at a few pictures on here, and i had everything right. it took some bending and boring but i got them on. just wondering if anyone else had to tweak with them to fit.

meanyellow03ex
12-29-2004, 07:23 PM
do the scoops benefit a relatively stock machine or not really? It's not like the 400 has a radiator or anything. The oil tank is not even designed to exchange heat too much. just wondering at what point these are needed..

Quadworks
12-29-2004, 07:30 PM
You should have went with the http://www.crowley-offroad.com/honda_400ex_air_scoops.htm Mine went right on and don't have no huge gaps between the scoops and the fenders like those look. Also hes a member of this site.

EPDP99
12-29-2004, 08:51 PM
I agree....mine are crowley

nosliw
12-29-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by meanyellow03ex
It's not like the 400 has a radiator or anything.

it has an oilcooler.

nosliw
12-29-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Quadworks
You should have went with the http://www.crowley-offroad.com/honda_400ex_air_scoops.htm Mine went right on and don't have no huge gaps between the scoops and the fenders like those look. Also hes a member of this site.

i've never done business with crowley, and usually like to keep with people i have been. magic racing had them and have done business before, and also the omf look good.

Quadworks
12-30-2004, 04:48 AM
i've never done business with crowley, and usually like to keep with people i have been. magic racing had them and have done business before, and also the omf look good.

By the picture above they don't look to good with that huge gap between the scoop and the plastics. Notice the pic of the Crowley scoops how well they fit. Also no modifying to make them fit. They are also cheaper. Besides hes also a member on here.

nosliw
12-30-2004, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Quadworks
By the picture above they don't look to good with that huge gap between the scoop and the plastics. Notice the pic of the Crowley scoops how well they fit. Also no modifying to make them fit. They are also cheaper. Besides hes also a member on here.

not sure why there's that gap on their bikes, mine didnt turn out that way. maybe they have aftermarket plastic or something. mine fit just fine.

exrider123
12-30-2004, 01:07 PM
not sure why there's that gap on their bikes, mine didnt turn out that way. maybe they have aftermarket plastic or something. mine fit just fine.

The reason they dont fit flush with the plastics is because the plastics are maier race cut. On stock plastics they will fit fine.

Quadworks
12-30-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by exrider123
The reason they dont fit flush with the plastics is because the plastics are maier race cut. On stock plastics they will fit fine.

That just made my mind up to never go with anything but stock plastic. Thanks, I never knew that.