PDA

View Full Version : Battery removal

little50
12-29-2004, 04:35 PM
I just got a new exhaust pipe and instead of relocating the battery I decided to do away with the battery and wiring harness being that the quad will only be used for mx racing.
The atv is a 2003 eton viper, at the present time I have the battery out and the wiring harness removed. I will reuse the eton cdi, unless someone would recemend something better.
I guess I could remove the starter also, anything else ?

If some could tell me how to wire up the quad with the remaining parts :confused: , it would be great !

Thank's,
Tony

markvette
12-30-2004, 04:08 AM
dont remember the exact wire colors but as soon as it gets daylight here i will check bubbas eton and post back. its 5am and still dark. you will need a pro design kill switch and you can get rid of the key switch and all the electrical controls on the handlebars too.

Mark

little50
12-30-2004, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by markvette
dont remember the exact wire colors but as soon as it gets daylight here i will check bubbas eton and post back. its 5am and still dark. you will need a pro design kill switch and you can get rid of the key switch and all the electrical controls on the handlebars too.

Mark

Thank's Mark
I got the pro design kill switch and got rid of all the handlebar controls, what I got left is the cdi, spark plug and the wiring from the engine case, now it's just wiring all backup :confused:

markvette
12-30-2004, 06:56 AM
ok hopefully our colors match. i have the old eton cdi with no rev limiter and no green wire to cut.

cdi wires
white with red stripe goes to white with red stripe from engine,
black with red stripe goes to same from engine
black wire to frame ground
black with white stripe to frame ground
orange or on yours may be white with blue stripe goes to coil positive

whats left on engine wires
black to frame ground
the others left are for the lighting coil and are not used

the pro design kill switch
one wire to frame ground
one wire to coil positive

Mark

markvette
12-30-2004, 06:58 AM
oh you can remove the starter and install a 1" automotive steel freeze plug in the hole

Mark

AtvMxRider
12-30-2004, 01:50 PM
oh you can remove the starter and install a 1" automotive steel freeze plug in the hole

Mark

Hetricks sells a pretty cool block off for it also.

little50
12-30-2004, 02:27 PM
ok hopefully our colors match. i have the old eton cdi with no rev limiter and no green wire to cut.

cdi wires
white with red stripe goes to white with red stripe from engine,
black with red stripe goes to same from engine
black wire to frame ground
black with white stripe to frame ground
orange or on yours may be white with blue stripe goes to coil positive

whats left on engine wires
black to frame ground
the others left are for the lighting coil and are not used

the pro design kill switch
one wire to frame ground
one wire to coil positive

Mark

I would like to start off by saying thank's to Mark for all your help.

I think I got it , but let me run a few things by you before I start splicing.
My CDI:
blue/ yellow stripe
black/ red stripe
black/ white stripe
black
white/ blue stripe

engine:
black/ red stripe
white/ red stripe
and I will bring the blk to frame ground.

There are only a few different colors from what you discribe, one is the orange from your cdi (mark) wich you said it could be white with blue stripe on mine and it is, so i will bring that wire to the coil. What about the other side of the coil, does it need a wire to ground ?
The engine I have a white with red stripe, wich I assume it will go to the blue with yellow stripe on the cdi since that would be the only wire left.

markvette
12-30-2004, 03:49 PM
ok everything good so far. some coils only have a positive terminal and some have both. since you have both instead of running the black wire with white stripe to frame ground run it to the negative side of the coil and you should be good to go.

Mark

little50
12-30-2004, 05:47 PM
Houston we have ignition !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It fired up fine, the only thing I had to do different is, run the black wire from the cdi to the coil and split it to ground, the black with the white stipe use to go to the old tether switch in the back of the atv and for some reason it needed to go directly to ground or it would'nt start.

Mark, I can't thank you enough for the help :D

little50
12-30-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Hetricks sells a pretty cool block off for it also.

I actually saw that on there web sight a few days ago, I'll probably get it, there's nothing like a little Bling Bling.

Thank's,
Tony

AtvMxRider
12-30-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by little50
I actually saw that on there web sight a few days ago, I'll probably get it, there's nothing like a little Bling Bling.

Thank's,
Tony

I think I will be removing the electric starter on my son's Kasea I wonder if it the same as the e-ton

little50
12-30-2004, 06:03 PM
I think I will be removing the electric starter on my son's Kasea I wonder if it the same as the e-ton

I saw a post on the kasea and it looked the same, actually the wire colors match up to the way Markvette had on his older eton cdi at the begining of the post, with only one wire going to the coil, the orange instead of white with blue stripe.

AtvMxRider
12-30-2004, 06:05 PM
I saw a post on the kasea and it looked the same, actually the wire colors match up to the way Markvette had on his older eton cdi at the begining of the post, with only one wire going to the coil, the orange instead of white with blue stripe.

Thanks

markvette
12-30-2004, 09:11 PM
glad i could help and glad its running all right. next thing to do is to cut out the lighting coil on the stator for less drag on the engine but that gets a little more involved.. what pipe did you get ?

Mark

little50
12-31-2004, 10:51 PM
glad i could help and glad its running all right. next thing to do is to cut out the lighting coil on the stator for less drag on the engine but that gets a little more involved.. what pipe did you get ?

Mark

I finally took off my tecnigas pipe and installed the WRH Racing pipe, probably will have my son take it for a spin tomarrow :D

Funny you mentioned about cutting coil on the stator, I heard about doing that but never got the procedure, I wonder if I could buy one allready modified ? after I ruin mine, I never get anything right the first time, maybe by the third.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

little50
01-03-2005, 05:05 PM
I finally took off my tecnigas pipe and installed the WRH Racing pipe, probably will have my son take it for a spin tomarrow :D

HAPPY NEW YEAR

WOW :blah: Took the quad for a quick spin to check out the pipe and this thing flies, I had the front tires up with my 215lb butt on it, I can't begin to tell you how much faster the quad goes with the WRH pipe, but the best thing I did so far was to take off the tecnigas pipe and put on the WRH racing exhaust. My son has not ridden it yet, he is in for a huge surprise :D

AtvMxRider
01-03-2005, 05:08 PM
WOW :blah: Took the quad for a quick spin to check out the pipe and this thing flies, I had the front tires up with my 215lb butt on it, I can't begin to tell you how much faster the quad goes with the WRH pipe, but the best thing I did so far was to take off the tecnigas pipe and put on the WRH racing exhaust. My son has not ridden it yet, he is in for a huge surprise :D

Cool. How about some pics of the quad?

little50
01-03-2005, 06:38 PM
Cool. How about some pics of the quad?

I am waiting for a set of +3 a-arms and once those are on I will post some pics, it just feels unfinished just yet.