PDA

View Full Version : ford City?

Ugly Spud
12-29-2004, 04:10 PM
Can anyone ell me how to get to Ford City's riding area? I'm coming from Pittsburgh. Thanks

Aim Here
01-07-2005, 05:40 PM
Hey there, I live about 2 miles from Ford City, PA. The only riding area I know of near Ford City is a small race track called "High Voltage". It is a mx track. When it opened it was strickly bikes. I'm not sure if they changed that to quads yet or not. We have never even went over to it. It is located on Route 66 South(about 5 miles south of Ford City), off of Route 28/422 North. It is probably 45 minutes from Pittsburgh. We have trouble finding places to ride up here. Everywhere is privately owned land. The cops don't give you much break up here either. We ride on our own land which is about 400 acres. Is there any place down your way to ride? We did attend the 'Toy Ride' in November 2004 near Natrona Heights. That has been the only place we have found to ride. We are always looking for new places to ride.

Ugly Spud
01-07-2005, 10:26 PM
There's a few places to ride here. a decent sized area in South Park (really in Library), pa. it's not posted... yet. it's a good quad or bike area. it has a "dust bowl" or "half pipe" if you will as well as muddy woods trails and a few MX curcuits. it's known as "Green Man's" or "Green Man's tunnel" in south park. there's tell that it will be shut down soon. the other places here are all posted, but we ride there anyway. Webster trail is at the junction of Rt. 51, and Rt 136 in Rostraver. it is posted. mostly, the cops will let you ride, as long as you're off the street... and they're in a good mood. I love Pennsylvania!! if a two year old were to print the places to legally ride in this state, it would take no more than a business card sized piece of paper.

lenart1491
10-16-2005, 11:30 AM
i live in the best to ride in western pa. its a little town called templeton, the are tons and tons of slag piles to climb jump and waiting to be made!!! heres a few kewl places: oss hoppers, chickisaw, madahorn, proptown (huge), lee 6, motormor(huge)

cdrookie
10-16-2005, 04:18 PM
there's a lot of riding in PA, just don't be afraid to drive. infact i'd say there's more riding in Pa than just about any other state. alot has been shut down, and alot is questionable. majestic trails is a great place to ride along with breezewood proving grounds, rausch creek, tower city. you guys also have the allegheny nat forest and rock run in western pa. high voltage doesn't allow quads.