PDA

View Full Version : Elka suspension?

pismoracer
12-29-2004, 02:26 PM
Any body had good success with these?
im running works triples and they suck, well at least i think so, they seem to soft, and fade fast and dont smooth out the rough stuff enough.

I was thinking of switching to elkas?

beak7707
12-29-2004, 02:31 PM
I love them, I recommend them. I woud say for the price vs. quality they are about the best.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
12-29-2004, 02:32 PM
a lot of people on this forum run the Elka shocks and are very happy with them, as for your works have they been serviced recently, and were they set up for you and your riding style.

pismoracer
12-29-2004, 02:47 PM
no, i got the quad with them, and no i have no clue when last serviced, prob a year or longer.

fasterz
12-29-2004, 02:47 PM
yea i ran works and they blew out the first time i used them, so works fixed them for free and i used um for another race and they worked good for about one lap then were just mush so i sold them. Then i bought LT ohlins and i liked them and have no complaints, but i just sold them and bought axis. from what i hear i should be more than happy with them. but ya alot of people seem to like elka and ive also talked to people that hated them. ive never heard any thing bad about axis so thats y i went with them instead of elka. no matter what you get it should be better than works cuz those things are such ****

roostin_dale
12-29-2004, 02:49 PM
I have owned many shocks....

Ohlins, works, PEP, Elka, TCS

I can easily say Elka's are my favorites....never felt a shock like them...20x better than works...

cdalejef
12-29-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by fasterz
ive never heard any thing bad about axis so thats y i went with them instead of elka. I'm gonna change that for ya. I would go through Axis bushings every other race. :mad:

DaleJrFan
12-29-2004, 06:08 PM
hey jeff, i have a set of works triple rate w/o rezzies for a 400ex that needs new seals and serviced. how much to re-seal and to service them?