PDA

View Full Version : Nervus !!!

FasstMidnightZ
12-29-2004, 12:21 PM
I have to have surgury on my jaw 2morrow they have to cut it in half then move my lower part of my jaw forward then put 6 screws in there. By the way this is the first time ive had surgury i'm real nervus any tips on how to com my self, i'm constantly sweating and stuff :(

Mxjunkie
12-29-2004, 12:32 PM
ur fine, they knock ya out, and when u wake up if your lucky you still feel drugged up :p

400exrules
12-29-2004, 12:32 PM
im sure their give u gas and shots, and you'll be out, youll wake up and your mouth will feel like a balloon prob, and thats all youll remember..............if they give u the gas and stuff......just hope they do

otherwise.....yes u should be scared:(

MY450R
12-29-2004, 12:36 PM
hopefully you dont wake up with your pant unzipped or anything

nah you'll be fine but you wont be able to eat for a while

i know a friend of mine had an infection in his tooth and he lost 45lbs

FasstMidnightZ
12-29-2004, 12:46 PM
ya thanks guys,I'm gonna have it wired shut or just put alot of rubber bands in my mouth so i can just barely open it, and i'll have to eat and drink through a strall

WQ_250
12-29-2004, 01:17 PM
I had the same surgery that you are getting. I got mine done in 1998. This is how my surgery, recovery went.......

I went into the hospital and they got me all ready. They told me that they were giving me a shot to "relax" me. I was OUT. When i woke up i couldn't move a damn thing. My jaw was rubberbanded shut. There was a wax thing in between my upper and lower teeth. So i wouldn't grind my teeth. i did have braces on and that is where the rubberbands hooked on too. When i woke up i had a HUGE ice pack around my head and tied up on the top of my head. Needless to say i am a female with long hair and they didnt' pull my hair back before they tied the knot. My hair was in a big knot. They moved me to my room i had to stay one night in the hospital because they wanted to keep a eye on me. When i got to my room they lifted me onto my new bed and i was out. I would wake up every so often and give myself a morphin shot. I think i could push it ever hour. The reason they wanted me to stay in over night was also because so much blood goes in your stomack from that surgery. When i would get up to go to the bathroom my nose would start bleeding. It sucked. I couldn't talk i was getting pissed because of my nose, it was very frustrating. The next morning they let me go around noon. I took a morphine shot before i left :D I slept all the way home. I couldn't eat anything. Basically what i had for 1 month straight was milk shakes with energy powder in it. (cant remember the exact name). Basically it just helped so i wouldn't of lost so much weight. By one month i was eating potatos and stuff VERY soft. My face was still pretty swollen. It took ALONG time for the swelling to all go away.

Now on my surgery they split my top jaw in half on the upper part of your month. Cut in front by your front teeth up by your nose(but inside the mouth). So now they pulled my top jaw apart to widen it. Put 3 plates in the top and alot of screws, oh and they pulled it to the left. Now for the bottom they had to shove back and pull to the right. I also have screws and plates in my bottom jaw.

You will be fine just swollen and of course it is painfull but you probably have to get it done. My mouth still gives me problems when i go swimming and i go really deep under water, it starts throbbing but its part of life. Let us know how you are doing after your surgery. Have a fast recovery!!

Quad18star
12-29-2004, 02:09 PM
Take it from me .... surgery is nothing . I've been under the knife atleast 1/2 a dozen times . All you're gunna feel is the needle going into your arm ... the mask on your face ... and the best sleep you'll have ever had . When you wake up , you'll be drugged up . They'll give you pain killers so don't worry about pain . Bets thing to do , is just don't think about it ... everything is gunna go fine .

exrider360
12-29-2004, 02:24 PM
pain killer just dont look in the mirror

2002400ex
12-29-2004, 03:01 PM
They put me on a bed and stuck a i.v. in me, then shot some stuff thru the i.v. and thats all i remember. Yeah it is the greatest sleep.

FasstMidnightZ
12-29-2004, 03:19 PM
WOW thanks guys..and girl.WQ_250 thanks for tellin me how its gonna go.I think i'm ready for it well i say that then when i get there 2morrow morning i will prob freak out :rolleyes:

Hondadudeehhhh
12-29-2004, 04:17 PM
well best of luck to you man and i hope it doesnt stress you out too much. What happened to your jaw anyway?

FasstMidnightZ
12-29-2004, 04:23 PM
I dont know its just postured backwards so my front teeth are in front of my lower teeth, kinda like a over bite

FasstMidnightZ
12-29-2004, 04:25 PM
o and ya just go news i got to be at the hospital by six in the morning surgury starts at seven thirty in the morning. so i will have to wake up and five or five thirty :mad:

AtvMxRider
12-29-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by MY450R

LMGDFAO or an empty vasoline bottle next to him:eek2:

smith_400ex_213
12-29-2004, 04:48 PM
dang..u might as well nto be nervouse cuz ur gunna have to get the surgery done anyways...so it gunna happen...thats wut i always figure when i go to the dentist when they have to do suntin and the hospital.....

450r#221
12-29-2004, 04:55 PM
They told me to count backwards from 100 and i think i only got to 96. LOL Its good stuff.:macho

FasstMidnightZ
12-29-2004, 04:57 PM
ya the nurse said it will be like... okay from 10 count down and she said i will be out for sure by 7 :eek2:

theTman
12-29-2004, 05:10 PM
good luck

bulkdriverlp
12-29-2004, 05:43 PM
think positive! itl be fine, im sure there wont be any problems, just be tough, take it like a man. btw anytime your out cold for surgery they install a cathader. its a little pointed tube they shove in ur wee wee to catch ur p. oh boy that feels weird. when they go to pull it out theyl say ready? 1,2,3 theyl yank it out. omg that hurts. just take it step by step. ive been through quite a bit myself.

AtvMxRider
12-29-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by hondaexrider
ya the nurse said it will be like... okay from 10 count down and she said i will be out for sure by 7 :eek2:

You'll never make it to 8 ;)

exrider360
12-29-2004, 06:40 PM
good luck to you you wil be done and rding your quad before you even know it

400exracer511
12-29-2004, 08:55 PM
both my bros had a similar surgury involving breaking their lower jaw and putting bone from their hip in there and drilling a couple screws in to hold teeth implants and im looking forward to the same surgury in about a year....

....i love genetics

JDiablo
12-29-2004, 09:08 PM
i want some of that stuff that your out like a light in 2 seconds...i could use a good sleep anyway

Rootar
12-29-2004, 09:31 PM
man your lucky i love the gas every chance i get to get teh gas i ask for it rite away just breath deep and dont let it out hold it and let it out slow and youll be higher than a kite in no time jsut dont try to walk and fi you get the iv its even better seriopusly whne i had my knee worked on the nurse said the longest aperson lasted after they gave them the iv was 4 seconds it lasted maybe 2 MAYBE trust me you love it

Cody_300ex
12-29-2004, 09:33 PM
I've been in surgery twice and it really isnt that bad. But if the person misses ur I.V 2 or more times tell them to bring in a different nurse. it took them 6 times to get my I.V. the 2nd time i went. There lucky my dad had ahold of my arms and a orderly had ahold of my legs or there woulda been sum black eyes. :o But don't freak out that will just make it worse.

400exrules
12-29-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by MY450R

omg that reminds of this creepy thing i saw on the news, some dentist was caught on camera like 20 times doin stuff to women. When they would goto sleep from the gas he would like play with their tities and f^ck em and stuff, it showed him stickin his pecker in one girls mouth:huh
ive been scarred ever since and i get worried when ever i have to get gas for surgery or somethin

but suck all the gas u can....cuz dat sh^t is GOOOOOOD!!!!!! and u never know how long it will be before your back in their, and u need it again....so get yourself high before you leave cuz you will be addicted :devil:

Rootar
12-29-2004, 09:59 PM
but what if the guy was the patient and the girl was the doctor or nurse w/e and did that would the guy mind?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????

TheFontMaster
12-29-2004, 10:27 PM
o and ya just go news i got to be at the hospital by six in the morning surgury starts at seven thirty in the morning. so i will have to wake up and five or five thirty :mad:

I think getting up at 5 is the least of your worries, good luck man, and have fun with the knock out gass.:bandit:

SGA
12-29-2004, 10:39 PM
It will be ok. You go to the hospital, they give you some drugs to knock you out, they do the procedure and then you wake up. They are professionals and do it everyday. You are in good hands.

enduro400rider
12-29-2004, 10:56 PM
I have to have surgury on my jaw 2morrow they have to cut it in half then move my lower part of my jaw forward then put 6 screws in there. By the way this is the first time ive had surgury i'm real nervus any tips on how to com my self, i'm constantly sweating and stuff :(

dude i gotta have that same surgery this summer, it freaks me out just thinkin about it but good luck.

Quad18star
12-29-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
You'll never make it to 8 ;)

Yup ... I never made it to 8 either. I know the whole routine now . Strip naked with nothing but them stupid hospital clothes ... lay on the silver table with bright lights ... extend your arms out .. they'll strap your arms down ... insert the IV ... put the mask on your face ... tell you to count backwards from 10 .... they wish you a good sleep ... you wake up in recovery room not knowing where you are ( thats the freakiest part... takes a few minutes to realizewhere you are) .

2002400ex
12-30-2004, 12:02 AM
i woke up in the wheelchair goin to my hospital room bed... then fell back asleep