PDA

View Full Version : 250R Parts

bubbag
12-29-2004, 10:41 AM
Hello,
I have a restored 1988 250R that was rebuilt in the summer, I cooked the top end from poor jetting and winter riding.
I'm sick of trying to jet the thing and was wondering what parts could be used on a 450R? since everything on the 250 is aftermarket.
Or should I try and find a mx four stroke motor for the R frame?
eg. cr450F, or yz450F?

XANDADA
12-29-2004, 11:36 AM
i think your best bet would be to take the quad to a compitent engine builder, tell him to inspect the engine and get a quote on what all needs to be done to get it running again and tune the carb. I have a feeling that price is gonna be waaay cheaper than buying and retrofitting a 4 stroke engine and a lot less headaches. I don't want to sound mean but it doesn't sound like your too techy of a guy and custom fabbing up new motor mounts and all the other work involved in a hybrid may be way more than you anticipated...best of luck to you either way...but I'd hate to see a newly "restored" 250R tore up and and 4 stroke engine thrown in it:chinese:

bubbag
12-29-2004, 01:13 PM
The thing is, is that the idle adjust screw fell (plastic) broke out of my esr 38mm airstryker and no matter what the bike was lean I was using a 205 main @ 3600m elevetion on a open air filter off a carb. with a fmf fatty system and boyson reeds.

XANDADA
12-29-2004, 02:50 PM
ya, a missing idle screw would make things a little lean. Are you sure it was plastic though? I thought it was brass or some other metal. You should be able to find a replacement idle screw somewhere...I'm not one to talk carb tuning though so maybe someone else could lend a hand here....

250rpilot
12-29-2004, 03:19 PM
xan, the one on my 38A/S is plastic also. you can order new ones at sudco.com (www.sudco.com)