PDA

View Full Version : Best Slip On for my set up?

4LEAFCLOVER
12-29-2004, 09:58 AM
Hello everyone I'm kinda confused with the whole exhaust thing. I've been reading in a lot of different forums and some people say slip-ons aren't worth the money, just get the full system. Then I read where if you get a full system you will have to change out pistons in the future and do motor work. I don't want to have to do motor work or nothing like that. I want my bike to have good mid to high power/ speed. It's a toss up between getting a full exhaust or a slip-on for me. If I get a full exhaust I will be getting the Curtis Sparks T-6. But I don't know which slip-on are good for mid-top end power. Any suggestions?????

I currently have just the HRC kit as far as mods to my bike!
I do mostly trail riding and sometimes race other bikes for fun.

2005 Black Stunna
Blingstar Bumper (Black)

bigblock
12-29-2004, 10:08 AM
Well I doubt you'll need to change a piston if you get a full system
but you will probably need to change the main jet. I run the two brothers slip on and it has been really a good all around buy, it sounds great not too loud ie:sparks and has ok power increase on top. I also have added hotcam stage2 and 195 main with no airbox LID so mid to top is real nice now:)

4LEAFCLOVER
12-29-2004, 10:14 AM
Hey thanks alot for the info. But did you say you had the White Brothers slip-on?

Kilabanshee
12-29-2004, 10:18 AM
Sparks or a dr.d slip on...

bigblock
12-29-2004, 10:21 AM
Check this out http://www.twobros.com/

86atc250r
12-29-2004, 10:46 PM
Hello everyone I'm kinda confused with the whole exhaust thing. I've been reading in a lot of different forums and some people say slip-ons aren't worth the money, just get the full system.

Actually, you've heard backwards. A slip-on is going to be where most of the gain from a standard exhaust is going to come from. Stock silencers are very restrictive, stock headpipes are not.

For instance, if you put a slip on, on your quad -- then replace that with a full system, you will likely notice very little difference.

4 strokes are FAR less sensitive to exhausts than 2 strokes.

4LEAFCLOVER
12-30-2004, 05:52 AM
Thanks alot guys for all of your inputs. I'm a little clearer on what to do now. I think I'm going to go with a slip on for now and if I decide to make heavy motor mods down the road then I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Besides you say it's not that big of a difference any way. So I guess the Dr.D is the best bang for it's buck HUH? Do anybody know if there are any other good slip-ons that provide good high end power. Thanks for any suggestions

Jersey450R
12-30-2004, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by 86atc250r
Actually, you've heard backwards. A slip-on is going to be where most of the gain from a standard exhaust is going to come from. Stock silencers are very restrictive, stock headpipes are not.

For instance, if you put a slip on, on your quad -- then replace that with a full system, you will likely notice very little difference.

4 strokes are FAR less sensitive to exhausts than 2 strokes.
couldnt of said it better myself. Go with a HMF slip on dude, you WILL NOT be dissappointed. why spend an extra 200 bucks on a head pipe when all your going to get is a burnt leg and ruined pants. spend the money on something more useful. now that a header is not useful, but a slip on is enough if you dont have a cam, piston, port work, and valve work combo.

4LEAFCLOVER
12-30-2004, 10:22 AM
So Jersey 450R you are saying that the HMF is the best slip-on for my set up and not the Dr.D as far as getting more top end power? Because that's what I'm looking for alot of top end power. Thanks alot for your help!

coalroostr
12-30-2004, 11:04 AM
I have to remark that when I installed the CS X6 on my 400ex it was a lot more top end gain over my SuperTrapp IDS2 slip on and these pipes use the same supertrapp core in both silencers. Sorry not trying to piss in anyones wheaties so early but I don't agree with this slip on theory being better than full.

Shipdawg
12-30-2004, 03:51 PM
never said it was better.....just stated that this is where the most power is to be gained. sure a full system is gonna be a little better than a slipon, but its not a phenominal difference and really not worth the extra $$$ if you're only gonna be trailriding or spend most of the time in the bottom or midrange.....just my .02 cents. take it for what its worth.:D

coalroostr
12-30-2004, 04:18 PM
ok maybe most power for dollar yes, but not most power to be gained.

PF300ex
01-01-2005, 07:07 AM
The HMF is a great pipe but is has more bottom to mid power and just a little on the top end which is great for trails or XC racing.