PDA

View Full Version : help

stubbs 400ex
12-29-2004, 09:01 AM
well I'm putting a new piston in my 400ex and I'm to the part where you can see the piston. i had the piston at the bottom of the cylinder but my friend pushed the tires while it was in gear and put the piston at the top of the cylinder and will not go back down at all. iv tried everything i can think of. what can i do to make it go back down.? or do i even need to have it down to take it off. iv tried to take it off but it will not. this is my first time doing something like this so i dunno what to do really lol. :confused:

FMFWarrior21
12-29-2004, 10:03 AM
I can try and help im not sure if the motor is anything like the Warrior motor but on the left side of my motor there is a 17mm bolt sticking out that you can turn to get your motor to go through the stages intake,compression,combustion,exhaust hope that helps I believe there is a flathead screw on the side of the EX motor and maybe its underneath that again im not 100% familiar with the motor.

Don400EX
12-29-2004, 10:36 AM
Just take off the cyl .. it dont matter if the piston is all the way up or down. even when the piston is all of the way up you still cant get it out without taking the cylinder off... dont sweat it..

stubbs 400ex
12-29-2004, 10:56 AM
i tried that but it will not move at all.

mojoe2878
12-29-2004, 12:36 PM
it doesnt matter what position the piston is in, the cylinder will be a little difficult to remove regardless, its because of the base gasket being sealed on there from the heat. take a rubber mallet and tap on the cylinder sides and then grab the cylinder and jiggle it around while you pull up on it, it may take several attempts but you will eventually get it loose.
also did you remove the 2 small cylinder bolts that are on the outside at the bottom of the cylinder?

stubbs 400ex
12-29-2004, 12:45 PM
yes i did take off the 2 small cylinder bolts. i will try the rubber mallet again. thanks for the help everyone