PDA

View Full Version : Jobs

400exrules
12-29-2004, 12:21 AM
Just wonderin wut all you guys do....post your job, description, and wut u get an hour(if u dont mind)
just thought this might be kinda interesting

I work at Target(for those who dont have one, its like walmart, just not as many groceries)
i work in the food place at Target called Food Avenue, i make $6.75/hr and im 16 so its not that bad of a part time job, ive only been their a month and its not bad. All my friends make like $5.75/hr. where they work, lol. And i get a raise to $7.00/hr. in 2 more months.

wut about you guys?

underpowered
12-29-2004, 07:05 AM
i am only 17 and work at Steak 'n' Shake. I make $6.25 an hour but am due for a raise soon.

maggiesboy
12-29-2004, 07:29 AM
I work at Smokey Point Cycle Barn in the Parts department. We carry Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki, Arctic Cat, and Polaris. I won't get rich working there, but the benefits just kick *****. Parts for that 450 of mine don't get any cheaper, so parts discount is the big benny for me.

My son and I are also part of the race team as well. Tough gig!

sharkinthepool
12-29-2004, 07:35 AM
There was other threads like this on here before.

Oh well. Telecommunications Engineer, I make a lot!

insaneracin2003
12-29-2004, 08:19 AM
Warehouse manager,The Okonite Co. it pays the bills

Mxjunkie
12-29-2004, 08:24 AM
Im am understudy for my dad, I clean the shop, weld, work on cars and diesel engines, work on computers, sometimes i get to be in the 7 million dollar additon to the plant hes in, help with concerte etc, sometimes i get to drive the loaders and skid loaders, pretty much what ever they ask me to do :)

JR3
12-29-2004, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
Im am understudy for my dad, I clean the shop, weld, work on cars and diesel engines, work on computers, sometimes i get to be in the 7 million dollar additon to the plant hes in, help with concerte etc, sometimes i get to drive the loaders and skid loaders, pretty much what ever they ask me to do :)

yup prettty much the same here i jus help round my dads bodyshop

jvd182
12-29-2004, 08:34 AM
yea same for my dads trucking company. It pays because i have 5 difrent pits i can ride in and 1 in my back yard

Alberta_Qaudin
12-29-2004, 08:48 AM
repair tech. for PDC diamond drill bits, that'de be the bits they use on oil and natural gas drillin rigs....pays very well cept. mind you your $6.75 american probably comes close to my canadian pay check

nacs400ex
12-29-2004, 08:58 AM
Student/Masonry Labour, its hard work, but good pay $12CDN, hhahahha thats like $6 or 7 US. Then I go to buy quad parts(american prices) and I need to make double the money you guys do! :(

Yep, I officially hate it here in Canada for reasons. Our dollar is worth nothing, our government is rediculous, quad racing sucks here, takes forever to get parts,
cheaper to live in the states.

The only thing I like is our free health care,(even that we do have to pay for in taxes) and a peaceful nation.

Quad18star
12-29-2004, 09:05 AM
Assistant Manager with Royal Distributing , which is the largest aftermarket parts and accessories dealership for snowmobiles and ATVs here in Canada .

My duties include ..... running the store . :p I'm responsible for 11 employees , make sure all the ordering is done , run sales scans , run monthly sales analysis , have direct contact with the suppliers a few times a month to make sure we get what we need , train employees about various products we carry and how to assemble the products we carry , make sure the $$ gets in the bank :p , lots more .....

I do the same job as the Manager , but get paid less .... I still make a decent living though . My pay check pays the bills . :cool:

SHANE03EX
12-29-2004, 10:41 AM
I operate a scale house for waste managment in Woodinville, Wa. The facility is called Cascade Recycling Center. I could take pics if someone could post them for me. But basically I weight the trucks in and out. I handle all our exports. Its a pretty interesting process of sorting recylable and then shipping it to China. Funny how we take what is garbage to people, sort it, then sell sorted garbage to the chinese, who then make siding and other things with it, then sell it back to us (americans) for more than they bought from us for. And you just through it away.

p.s. maggiesboy
I bought my 400 from smokey cycle barn in may 03. I live about 2 miles from there. (Sisco Heights) were do you ride and all that?

daiglea
12-29-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by nacs400ex
Student/Masonry Labour, its hard work, but good pay $12CDN, hhahahha thats like $6 or 7 US. Then I go to buy quad parts(american prices) and I need to make double the money you guys do! :(

Yep, I officially hate it here in Canada for reasons. Our dollar is worth nothing, our government is rediculous, quad racing sucks here, takes forever to get parts,

The only thing I like is our free health care,(even that we do have to pay for in taxes) and a peaceful nation.

Hey now i work for the canadian goverment. I'm a systems analyst.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid136/pa7aa5fc099e1d21d48eafcf951f12643/f75bd493.jpg

Quad18star
12-29-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by daiglea
Hey now i work for the canadian goverment. I'm a systems analyst.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid136/pa7aa5fc099e1d21d48eafcf951f12643/f75bd493.jpg

Well working for the Canadian Government , can hardly be called a Job ... look at you with your feet up on the desk . :blah: Just joking . I sometimes put my feet up also . :devil:

Quad18star
12-29-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by nacs400ex

I'd have to disagree with you . I love living up here . Our dollar might not be the strongest , it still isn't too bad . It's actually better for our economy to have a lower dollar than to have a higher dollar . Why you think our government is rediculous?? ... i find they are doing a good job . We actually have people in charge of this country that have balls to stand up against other nations and not be followers . Yeah quad racing sucks up here , but you can also thank some of the larger tracks in Ontario for this problem ... they don't want us on their land . Go to Quebec and the racing is awesome ... they actually SUPPORT ATV racing . I've never had too long of a wait on getting parts . Splash and Dirt , Messier Sports , Quad Pro , Motosports 116 all do great jobs at getting the parts to me quickly . And living in the USA costs the same as living in Canada .

I'd rather pay my taxes and have health care , than to not have any coverage at all . Go to the USA and get hurt ... if you don't have independant health care , you're up chit creek without a paddle . And you're right , it is a peaceful nation ... I enjoy being able to jump on my quad ... ride down the road to the nearest trail and not have the cops on my *** for riding on closed land . My $0.02

blasterrider123
12-29-2004, 11:22 AM
I work at market basket and make 7 bucks an hour so its not so bad im 16 i bag and cart push lol not the funnest job in the world but what the hell it gives me money to buy the stuff for my 400ex lol

Alberta_Qaudin
12-29-2004, 11:27 AM
I'd have to disagree with you . I love living up here

I'm with ya there, but as for the cop thing, i only wish, minute my bike gets out of my brothers yard it a race to get down the dirt road behind his place to the trails about 1 or 2 mins away, used to be able to putt along the side of the road, then some of the older people in the town voiced they're concern and a stop was put to that, so now its a hope they're not around thing cause its just not worth it to load up for a 1 minute trip to unload.

Quad18star
12-29-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Alberta_Qaudin
I'm with ya there, but as for the cop thing, i only wish, minute my bike gets out of my brothers yard it a race to get down the dirt road behind his place to the trails about 1 or 2 mins away, used to be able to putt along the side of the road, then some of the older people in the town voiced they're concern and a stop was put to that, so now its a hope they're not around thing cause its just not worth it to load up for a 1 minute trip to unload.

Awww ... you gotta start harping on your Government to pass new laws that will allow you to ride the roads from point A to point B . Thats what happened here in Ontario . They passed a law 2 years ago that now allows ATVs to ride the shoulder of the road , as long as they are going to a trail , gas station , restaurant , etc . There are rules though .... like half the posted speed limit , not traveling on the side of major highways and so on .

smith_400ex_213
12-29-2004, 11:33 AM
i am 16 and i work at art's snowmobile and atv salvage.....i started at the begining of the summer adn i started at 7 bucks an hour...i get all my parts at dealer cost adn free shop time....i part out 4 wheelers, 3 wheelers,new and old sleds, adn clean them up for resale...um work upfront with customers....um stock inventory....its a perdy good first job...something im intersted in.....perdy much everyone else in my class works at the IGA grocery store...

Alberta_Qaudin
12-29-2004, 11:37 AM
yea see in all the other towns around we can take them right up to the bar, or gas station no problem, and they wont say anything on the side of the highway as long as u'r riding the other side of the ditch, theres a distance your supposed to stay away from mayjor road ways, but the people in this small town dont like us much, i've got the fines to prove it

daiglea
12-29-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Well working for the Canadian Government , can hardly be called a Job ... look at you with your feet up on the desk . :blah: Just joking . I sometimes put my feet up also . :devil: I got to admint I got it pretty good here. You'll never hear me complaining about the canadian goverment. GREAT Pay and benefits and an even better retierement plan.

JRDrider22
12-29-2004, 11:56 AM
i mow lawns by myself and make anywhere from $15-27 a lawn. in the winter if we get a lot of snow me and my buddy eric take off from school and go make anywhere from 250-500 a day snowshoveling. my sister says i work like a mexican,but it all pays off

CRE Performance
12-29-2004, 12:03 PM
I am an Automotive race engine builder. I build mostly small block Ford engine and powertrains. I also do complete chassis and basically everything other than body work. I also sometimes work part time at a Ford Lincoln Mercury dealership, where I am still a Ford Senior Master and ASE Advanced Master tech.

It pays decent, but nowhere near whats its worth. Its an extrememly stressful occupation when done to its fullest like I have.

alimdar2times
12-29-2004, 12:13 PM
I am an Industrial Maintenance Technician with a division of Mylan Pharmaceuticals (nation's largest generic drug manufacturer). It's actually a pretty gravy gig, seeing as how it's very clean and climate controlled. It's pays enough, I have a very nice crib and some toys to boot.

markk
12-29-2004, 12:18 PM
I work at a local burger joint, alled Burger Haven $7.50 hr., But im looking for a job, In either Illinois, or Mo. In either the water, or wastewater (sewer) feild.

400exrules
12-29-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by markk
But im looking for a job, In either Illinois, or Mo. In either the water, or wastewater (sewer) feild.

ewwww why lol :eek2:

Sportrax10
01-05-2005, 06:33 PM
I work at a retirement home, washing dishes for $8.85 an hour... Its not as bad as it sounds, and the money is definatly good... :cool:

Stevie-D
01-05-2005, 07:10 PM
i work at a moulding shop. we stain moulding, assemble frames, etc...

for the past month or so we have been spraying panels for the army. they are fitted for installation on hummers. we have a subcontract to spray 3600 of them. so i'll be doing that for the next month or so. i get 7/hour. plus im getting experience in spraying. i work after school each day for 5 hours.
pays for the truck and food. thats about it so far. lmao

flat_track400ex
01-05-2005, 07:49 PM
i work for my step dad logging its not bad $12.00 pretty good money for being 21 its gonna be paying for my 450r

EPDP99
01-05-2005, 07:49 PM
Im a Fire Fighter and make 35K a year...not the best. but im not in it for the money. Neither is my wife she is a teacher and makes 28K

MichaelS693
01-05-2005, 07:53 PM
im 17 i work for my dad at his business called bilt rite.. we sell/build portable storage buildings, carports/sheds, canopies and can build pretty much any type of coverage you want... i usually am building storage buildings which i make anywhere from 11-13 dollars an hour, and i also build sheds and ill make 9 dollars and our on those... not to bad i guess..:D

motoboy66
01-05-2005, 09:35 PM
I am an airline pilot. I don't make all that much as it is my first year 22.75 / hour. In a few years it will be a much nicerpaycheck, but right now i get to travel for free. Worst part of this job is not having a steady schedual, it is always changing, and being on the road for 3 or 4 days in a row.

I-7
01-05-2005, 09:38 PM
I work at a ski resort and I usually sell tickets, answer the phones, or work at the ski shop which sells gloves, goggles, hats, socks ect. I make 7 dollars an hour.

kuba1506
01-06-2005, 06:13 AM
work on a farm driving all the heavy stuff