PDA

View Full Version : YFZ 450 or 660Raptor

Derag2
12-28-2004, 09:06 PM
I know this isn't a raptor forum but I'm thinking about a new quad next spring and i was just curious as to how the 660Raptor is compared to the 450. I own a 400EX right now which i'm a honda guy but i wanna look at all my options so i thought i come in here and ask about the raptor i read everything in here about the 450 so i don't really need to know about it. I either am gonna get a 450 YFZ, a 450R or keep my 400EX and put a pipe on it or look at the 660 Raptor. I mostly just ride trails so i kinda like the 400EX.... but i'd like somthing with more power.

Thanks guys

rollie
12-29-2004, 09:57 AM
the raptor is a good bike for trails because of reverse...but id go with the YFZ because its good on trails and if you ever decide to go to a track or maybe start racing you have a much better quad to begin with...

just my .02

later

Jersey450R
12-29-2004, 10:02 AM
450R

12-29-2004, 10:07 AM
Well it depends on the type of riding you will be doing. I own a 450 and my brother owns a raptor. I ride them both alot, and this is the difference. The Raptor is great for trails, and general riding. It has reverse, and is super comfortable. They also have plenty of power and great torque. The 450 on the other hand is not so comfortable, but handles way better than a rap. It does not have reverse, but can really eat up all kinds of trails. And at the track it is unstoppable. So its all up to what you want. Both are great.

400grl
12-29-2004, 12:34 PM
I agree with what he said - ditto!!!

Derag2
12-29-2004, 09:44 PM
I don't really care about reverse.......... I do pretty much just trail riding and ride around our place. I just can't decide if the 450's would be good for me or not cause i ride with a group of guys and girls that ride trailblazer 250's and one 400 trailblazer so were not going real fast and i lugg down my 400 alot in the trails riding with these guys.

I like the power of the 400 but more power is always good :)

Spend a couple 300 bucks or so on parts for a little more power or spend another 5 grand on a better bike......... I'm not rich by any means i got a newer F-250 powerstroke to pay for also and i'd like to do afew things to that this spring also.

12-30-2004, 07:49 AM
If you mostly trail ride and dont really rip through them then I would go with a Rap, a TRX or a Z400. The YFZ (atleast in my opinion) is not good for putting around in the trails. Mine overheats when I just put around. And it does not have reverse which is something that comes in handy when you reach a dead end. One thing that I hate about the TRX is the kick-start crap.

I would say your best choice would be the Rap or the Z. And if you are looking for the less-expensive of the two the Z would be perfect.

Derag2
12-30-2004, 05:00 PM
The Z isn;t much different than the 400EX not enough to make me drive 45 miles to trade it off and pay an extra grand at least off of trade in for it. Reverse don't bother me all i've never had a place i couldn't push it out of.

Duncan313
01-03-2005, 12:51 PM
I sold my Raptor and purchased a YFZ, I race XC and trail ride a lot. The Raptor has a short power curve as compared to a longer and more controlable power on the YFZ. I get better hole shots with the YFZ and the handling is a hands down winner on the YFZ. The biggest place I notice the handling is on hill climbs and u turns. The lower weight is also very noticable on the YFZ. If you want your arms pulled out of socket go with the Raptor if you want good power control and plenty of it go with the YFZ.