PDA

View Full Version : Omaha, Nebraska (Veteran's Bridge)

tdsongster
12-28-2004, 07:45 PM
Anyone riding this Saturday, 1 Jan 2005 at Veteran's Bridge???

crandles
01-01-2005, 01:43 PM
Where is veterans bridge located? My buddy in Omaha just bought a 400ex. I would like to go ride there sometime. What kind of riding is it? I bet today wasnt a very good day to ride though.

Quadworks
01-02-2005, 08:00 AM
Me and some buddies went riding there last fall. The do not take care of the trails at all. There are huge ruts from utility(4x4) quads everywhere. Branches hanging down all ver the place. I got stuck on my 400Ex within 100 feet in. Mud all over the place. If they would take care of the trails it wouldn't be so bad of a place. But for us to drive 2 hours to go there it definatly was not worth it. We also only stayed for about 1 1/2 hours then had enough and drove back home. If your close give it a try, other wise don't.

crandles
01-02-2005, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the info. So where do ride by Des Moines?

Quadworks
01-02-2005, 09:12 AM
The place we ride the most is Bussey. Great place to ride. They take great care of the trails. There is 3 different MX tracks, hill climb areas, trails over 300 acres of old mining terrain. Its down by Oskaloosa, Ia so that would be a little drive for you guys but probably worth it. Theres also camping spots.

crandles
01-02-2005, 09:43 AM
I worked by Oskaloosa last year for a couple weeks. It is a pretty good drive but I dont really mind road trips:D What do I need to do to ride in Iowa? Do I need a permit or something. Here we dont have much riding. Well I live ten minutes from the headworks park by Genoa, Ne. Other than that halsey national forest. I go to Little Sahara about three times a year also.

Thanks.
Chad

Quadworks
01-02-2005, 09:47 AM
You know good question. I don't know what you would need being from out of state. In Iowa you need to have the atv registered. Hows the riding in Headworks? We were thing of heading that way sometime.

crandles
01-02-2005, 09:55 AM
The headworks is ok. No challanging trails though. Just mainly flat out riding. No jumps, very few hills, but the trails are a blast to fly through. They do alot of drag racing there also. If you like alot of people go to there spring jamboree. Last year it brought in about 1300 people. But it will cost you quite a bit. You would have to buy a membership to go to the jamboree.

tdsongster
01-03-2005, 08:34 PM
Veteran's bridge is always really really muddy after it rains. It takes a couple of days to dry out, but all woods riding is like that. I ride there about once a week and it does have some challenging trails, especially when you are hard on the throttle. I try to go at least once a week, usually on early Sat morning that way doesn't get into the weekend to much. If you ever want to do some riding, give me a shout.

noreversesucks
01-04-2005, 12:34 AM
Is Veteran's bridge right on hwy 92 where it crosses the Missouri river? The riding area is actually on the Iowa side of the river right? If I'm thinkin about the right place.

I stopped by there in early Nov., (didn't have my quad), read the rules, and checked it out a little. How strict are they on the stock pipe rule?
I also didn't see anywhere about $. Is there a charge?

I just went to Bluff Creek again last weekend. It's an awsome place to ride. Just wish I was closer.

Quadworks
01-04-2005, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by noreversesucks
Is Veteran's bridge right on hwy 92 where it crosses the Missouri river? The riding area is actually on the Iowa side of the river right? If I'm thinkin about the right place.

I stopped by there in early Nov., (didn't have my quad), read the rules, and checked it out a little. How strict are they on the stock pipe rule?
I also didn't see anywhere about $. Is there a charge?

I just went to Bluff Creek again last weekend. It's an awsome place to ride. Just wish I was closer.

This is an Iowa park. As long as you have registered your quad you can ride there. Go there then let us know how you think it compares to Bluff Creek!

And not all trails are that muddy all the time.

tdsongster
01-04-2005, 09:58 PM
I have never seen the park rangers ever check for decibels. In fact I never even saw them for the first couple of years the park was open. It wasn't until someone stole one of there quads that they started patrolling it again. That was a couple of months ago and now I don't see them anymore.

Unless it is really bad this weekend, getting snow here, I might go riding Saturday morning if anyone is interested...