PDA

View Full Version : fixing those darn AC heel guards

DirtDevilBT
12-28-2004, 07:03 PM
Hi all!

I love nerf bars. In fact, they are on both my warriors and my 450r. The warriors have DG nerfs that bolt up to the foot pegs and use stock plastic heel guards. The AC nerfs on my 450r are nice. I bought them for that larger peg and integrated heel guard. Even though the nerfs are nice they needed a bit of tweaking for them to fit. The mounting points up front did not line up with the holes in the frame, a little hammering took care of that.

Anyway, I never experienced any uncomfortable foot positions with the warrior, but with the AC's on my R I did. I wear size 12 boots and found the heel guards to be too close to the pegs. In other words, I felt really far forward on the pegs. Well, after the decision to keep them was made I needed to customize their fit. I used a cut off wheel and took the center tin off. With a mapp gas torch, I heated up the tubes and welds to bend them back with a rubber mallot. Now they are back far enough for me to feel comfortable but yet safe because they are still there.:D

http://monkeylice.com/gallery/albums/quad/quad_2.sized.jpg
http://monkeylice.com/gallery/albums/quad/laureen_0345_001.sized.jpg

kazpr
12-28-2004, 08:39 PM
Ya I did not like the position they put me feet @ on the pegs either that is why I sold mine.

Jersey450R
12-28-2004, 08:46 PM
Kazpr, what kind are you thinking about getting next?

kazpr
12-28-2004, 08:47 PM
I got the standard AC nerfs and IMS pegs. My friend JH & Redracer44 has that setup. I checked them out in Tulsa and I really liked how those pegs felt.

DirtDevilBT
12-30-2004, 12:52 PM
Well I thought about selling mine. I like the AC propeg non-heel guard ones, but I do like the protection of the guards. That and I had a chance to cut and use fire! Hahahahahahahaha

Jersey450R
12-30-2004, 01:00 PM
My pro Armors will be here first thing in the morning. :) Ive been looking at nerfs now for 3 months and went with my 1st instinct.