PDA

View Full Version : clutches

blusteel1
04-23-2002, 08:37 PM
what clutches does everyone use. mine are going out and was wondering if there is a better set up than stock.

Dave400ex
04-23-2002, 08:53 PM
There is many things you could do. Sparks has a 8 Plate Clutch Kit that works Great with a Hinson Basket. TC Racing also has Clutch Setups. If Money is not a Problem then you could go for the Hinson Complete Setup.

eldoexrider01
05-02-2002, 08:30 PM
ive heard that barnette dirt digger clutches are really good clutches. i have not used them but i have heard nothin but good things about them.

oynot400
05-03-2002, 06:09 AM
When I did my 440 kit, I put in a Barnett K series clutch. That thing slipped all the time. I put the stock one back in and have had reall good luck with it. I did send back the Barnett clutch to them and complained. They were real good about it and sent me a Dirt Digger clutch kit back. I am still waiting for the stock one to wear out before I change it again.

yellow_ho_01
05-03-2002, 07:12 AM
i have talked to acouple different dealers, and 2 out of the 3 of them said that the stock clutch on a 400 is one thing that should only be replaced with a stock one. so i bought a new set of stock fiber plates and everything is going great now.

RED121572
05-03-2002, 11:18 AM
Ive got a dirt digger in mine. The only problem is that Itll stick a bit when the machine is cold, other than that, no complaints here.

330EXman
05-03-2002, 12:01 PM
GO OUT AND BUY BARRNET KEVLAR CLUTCH PLATES THEY MAKE SURE THE KIT COMES WITH STELL PLATES AND KEVLAR FIBER DISC'S THE KIT SHOULD COME WITH HEAVY SPRINGS TOO.

IF IT DOESNT THEM LOOK SOMEWHERE ELSE BECAUSE HEAVIER SPRINGS ARE BETTER THAN STOCK

nakomis0
05-03-2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by oynot400
When I did my 440 kit, I put in a Barnett K series clutch. That thing slipped all the time. I put the stock one back in and have had reall good luck with it. I did send back the Barnett clutch to them and complained. They were real good about it and sent me a Dirt Digger clutch kit back. I am still waiting for the stock one to wear out before I change it again.

Ahh man I just put a K Series clutch in.

Dave400ex
05-03-2002, 04:57 PM
I think the Best Setup is the Hinson 8 Plate Clutch Kit. That is very Expensive though. Duncan Racing has Clutch Plates and so does Sparks. I think TC said a Hinson Basket, Heavy Duty Springs, and Stock Plates was a Good Setup. Most of the Engine Builders like the Stock Plates.

Rastus
05-06-2002, 07:39 PM
Is there a kit i could get for my quad? Just look for 250X/300EX clutches, their exactly the same.What kind of clutch should i get?
I mostly ride around doing tricks, popping wheelies, and the ocasional wheelie up the side of the hill. Could i get a gold digger clutch, etc? or am i limited in the options department?