PDA

View Full Version : How to mount a Quad Tech, on 250r Fullbore?

Narly R
12-28-2004, 12:58 PM
I just bought this hood, it is the 250r Hood II. Does anyone have any pics how to cut the plastic, or know what is an easy way, I am not sure what to do to the plastic to make it work well. Thanks

Narly R
12-28-2004, 01:26 PM
I know drill holes, and whatnot, but there are round stud like peices that are around the threads on the hood, and if I was to just put it on, and drill holes, and bolt it on, there would be a gap between my Hood, and Plastic. It almost looks like I have to drill like 1" holes, so it will sit flush.... anyone have this problem?

:confused:

Jingle 11
12-28-2004, 11:21 PM
first off whats up narly i havent been on here in a while plus i got banned so :blah: . but im goin from experience with my 400. u just gotta trim to make it fit. mark the holes and drill em out. the studs go in the hood and sucure it to the plastic. are they kinda like ribbed?

Narly R
12-30-2004, 08:21 PM
Well nothin much, just tryin to get my crf bike together, and stay in ok ridding condition throughout the winter wich is pretty hard. But not a lot really. What about you?

Is what I am really looking for is just pics of how other people cut their plastic... What do you mean by ribbed? They are just round peices around the threads that stick out from the bottom of the hood a little ways. Im just woundering what the easiest/safest way to do it.

Has anyone did this before with Fullbore?

Jingle 11
12-30-2004, 08:41 PM
like i said i was puttin it on my 400 the stud things were tapered and had little wings that went out so it couldnt pull back through.

Well i sold the 400 and bought a bike, 4 stroke of course and its like learning to ride all over again.

yzquadracer
01-02-2005, 10:27 AM
quadtech makes a hood specifically for fullbore plastic. it is curved in the front to fit the contour of the fullbores. did you get that one or the one designed for stock?

Narly R
01-02-2005, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Jingle 11
Well i sold the 400 and bought a bike, 4 stroke of course and its like learning to ride all over again.

Wow, thats a pretty big change!

I am pretty sure that I got the hood for the stock plastic, I wasnt aware that they sold a hood for Fullbore specificly. I ordered it from C&D Racing, so I will contact them, and see if they can help.Thanks for the info.