PDA

View Full Version : gmc mechanics in here?

insaneracin2003
12-28-2004, 07:36 AM
i have a 2000 GMC sierra reg cab.my heater core is leaking inside my cab,i hope it is just the line to the core and not the core itself.has anyone ever had to change the core out and how hard is it to get to.
does anyone know of a site i can go to if i cant get ant answers here?
thanks.....Paul

quad
12-28-2004, 08:37 AM
Alotta times you have to remove the complete dash.Some vehicles are accessible under the hood(very few).I had vehicles as to where i only had to remove the glove box lid/compartment.It sux it happened in the winter.If it was summer,i'd bypass the core till you can have decent time to tear it down to repair it if it requires removal of the dash.I'll look around and see what I find.Good luck.

MY450R
12-28-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by quad
Alotta times you have to remove the complete dash.Some vehicles are accessible under the hood(very few).I had vehicles as to where i only had to remove the glove box lid/compartment.It sux it happened in the winter.If it was summer,i'd bypass the core till you can have decent time to tear it down to repair it if it requires removal of the dash.I'll look around and see what I find.Good luck.
you will have to remove the whole dash and its a ******
good luck
i would get a chiltons service manual
http://www.autobarn.net/manuals.html

insaneracin2003
12-28-2004, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by MY450R
you will have to remove the whole dash and its a ******
good luck
i would get a chiltons service manual
http://www.autobarn.net/manuals.html
:( who said grown men dont cry.........
looks like im gonna ba busy this new years weekend:grr:

Stevie-D
12-28-2004, 10:11 AM
why is it that whenever it's cold, snowing, and a holiday, things start breaking? my fuel pump just went in my dakota, and i had to change it in my unheated garage with a gravel floor. not to mention $170 for the new pump.

winter sucks man:mad:

MY450R
12-28-2004, 11:04 AM
tell me about it
i was plowing the other day and almost killed my self when i blew a brake line trying to beat a red light
i was like OH CHIT!!!! good thing there was a big snow banking i baileed into to stop me
that was scary

Needa450
12-28-2004, 11:17 AM
I know, winter does suck besides the snow.

My Raptor battery died on me the other day, and after I charged it overnight it finally started.

So then I ride it down to my house from the garage, and I go to take the trash down with my Gator(its like a rhino, but less power) and its battery is dead too.

O ya, a week before all this, my dads artic cat 500 battery died too.

Grrr:grr:

represent618
12-28-2004, 11:53 AM
yes your dash will have to come out on that model, please note the passenger airbag if you have that option? it is a *****, but not that hard, just a pain in the arse.

Tommy 17
12-28-2004, 11:56 AM
u live in texas what do u need a heater for:p :D

insaneracin2003
12-28-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by represent618
yes your dash will have to come out on that model, please note the passenger airbag if you have that option? it is a *****, but not that hard, just a pain in the arse.
You can take the man out of mx, but you can never take the mx out of the man.
i like that phrase,by the way,a chilton manual will be my best bet?i am mechanially inclined so i know i can do it,i just have to do it....sheesh. is there any way to tell if it is the lines going to the core .i heard there is a drain line that leads to the inside of the truck and if it gets blockes,water will leak in,is this true??

insaneracin2003
12-28-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
u live in texas what do u need a heater for:p :D
its not the cold,it is the smell of mildew on the carpet when it gets to 110 degrees :ermm:

chucked
12-28-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by insaneracin2003
You can take the man out of mx, but you can never take the mx out of the man.
i like that phrase,by the way,a chilton manual will be my best bet?i am mechanially inclined so i know i can do it,i just have to do it....sheesh. is there any way to tell if it is the lines going to the core .i heard there is a drain line that leads to the inside of the truck and if it gets blockes,water will leak in,is this true??

more then likely its the core itself.