PDA

View Full Version : another PS2.Down the tubes....

QuadJunkies
12-28-2004, 12:32 AM
well, we were about to play some games my boy got for Christmas when we get these massages. "Disc read Error" Ive cleaned it and Ive used a can of air and it STILL wont play ANY of the games(wellI think we got one out of 50 to play :rolleyes: ) this is the THIRD machine Ive been threw, lasting about one a year.. What the heck is worng with these machines!!! :mad: anyone know if its an easy fix? Or am I just going to have ot yet buy another one...:grr: Everyone is on backorder for weeks!!! We have been jonesin to try the ORF3 and Tony Hawks 2

I had a few peeps tell me they had this happen to them beofre too.... thanks for any help!!!

YFZ450Ridr
12-28-2004, 01:00 AM
that happend to my friend and his was only a few months old and he said he had some kind of warrenty on it and it got replaced and hes had this one for a little over a year or two with zero problems. maby u got 3 bad ones in a row:eek:

honduh440
12-28-2004, 03:33 AM
i just recently threw away my 3rd ps2 as well i won a xbox from work last summer and i will deffinatly never ever ever buy another ps2.

i seriously can not belive how horrible those machines are when it comes to reading the disk you think it would be fixed by now because they are notorious for it

chucked
12-28-2004, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
well, we were about to play some games my boy got for Christmas when we get these massages. "Disc read Error" Ive cleaned it and Ive used a can of air and it STILL wont play ANY of the games(wellI think we got one out of 50 to play :rolleyes: ) this is the THIRD machine Ive been threw, lasting about one a year.. What the heck is worng with these machines!!! :mad: anyone know if its an easy fix? Or am I just going to have ot yet buy another one...:grr: Everyone is on backorder for weeks!!! We have been jonesin to try the ORF3 and Tony Hawks 2

I had a few peeps tell me they had this happen to them beofre too.... thanks for any help!!!

you people need to realize that you can fix it for under $20!!! Get one of those cd's with the lens cleaners on them, the little brushes! Works every time!

hondarider2006
12-28-2004, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by chucked
you people need to realize that you can fix it for under $20!!! Get one of those cd's with the lens cleaners on them, the little brushes! Works every time!

tried that on both of mine and it didn't work....that is when I realized video games were a waste of time:rolleyes:

TGW_400ex
12-28-2004, 08:48 AM
I've had mine for 3 years and never have cleaned it:eek2: The only problem with mine is it won't play some dvds. It plays every game:D

MY450R
12-28-2004, 08:52 AM
actually qj i believe there is a fix
there was a thread aboutr this b4 and someone posted how to fix it
let me see if i can dig it up

lol
12-28-2004, 08:53 AM
i've had mine since they first came out, never had a problem:ermm: :confused:

MY450R
12-28-2004, 08:54 AM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=129270&highlight=playstation
here ya go

APK400exRacer
12-28-2004, 08:55 AM
Yeah i had the same thing happen to my XBOX. Im never buying any game system again.

rollie
12-28-2004, 09:00 AM
lol im on my second playstation...if this one breaks im done id rather go out and ride anyway....i pretty much only watch DVDs anyway:cool:

400grl
12-28-2004, 09:01 AM
The first PS2 I bought had that problem on Christmas day - a couple of years ago - wouldnt' play the game I had bought my son....I WAS P****ED!!! So after calling everyone and their brother on the tech info and warranty, I took it back and traded it in for X-Box.......hehehhehehhheh......then I bought another PS2 the following year and this one has been fine.......and it's been to the dunes and back MANY times.....still working.....I think some of them are just bad......never had any issues with the X-box's.......you might consider one of those......if you get tired of the PS2 problems.....

speedfreaksguy
12-28-2004, 09:32 AM
I have had a PS2 since they came out with no problems. My brother in law has 2 small children, so he bought the extended warranty from Best Buy. All he has to do is take it back and get a new one.

khen
12-28-2004, 09:37 AM
I did the gear trick on my sons PS2 and that worked for a while. It's now giving us fits again though. You can buy new laser units on ebay for around $40, that's what I'm going to do. My Xbox has been rock solid.

QuadJunkies
12-28-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by MY450R
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=129270&highlight=playstation
here ya go Thank you!!! I heard that at one time there was some class action lawsuit about there stuff not holding up and consumers were not puting up with it anymore, but I never heard what ever become of it.:ermm:

Ill see if it works!!

Mxjunkie
12-28-2004, 09:55 AM
I havent had anyproblems with mine, I've had it since they first came out, sucks that you go a bad one..

MY450R
12-28-2004, 10:00 AM
Thank you!!! I heard that at one time there was some class action lawsuit about there stuff not holding up and consumers were not puting up with it anymore, but I never heard what ever become of it.:ermm:

Ill see if it works!!
hope it works for ya!

BlueZ440
12-28-2004, 10:35 AM
I think my is Fked up 2..I can play the games with a clear back..like atv2 but if I put one with the blackorpurple back it won't play..:grr:

trick450r
12-28-2004, 11:02 AM
This hapened to me a while back...first i just cleaned the eye and it worked great, then my mom ripped the wires connected to the restart and eject buttons off by accident...i took it all down to the mother board put the terminal back on and put it back together and it worked great, 5 weeks later the buttons dont work again so i take it down to the mother board and plug like 4 terminals back in...no with the terminals back in, it wont read, the disc tray wont open, and the disc tray button doesn't work...needless to say its going in the garbage can now.....oh yeh and if anyone needs help tearing it apart PM me i had mine down to the motherboard like 7 times....

QuadJunkies
12-28-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by BlueZ440
I think my is Fked up 2..I can play the games with a clear back..like atv2 but if I put one with the blackorpurple back it won't play..:grr: Thats weird!! :eek2:

TheFontMaster
12-28-2004, 11:23 AM
I have had a ps2 for for 3 or 4 years, and I have never had one problem with it.

One of my friends got a ps2 2 years ago with the warentee. when it was time for the warrentee to get over his mom asked if he had any problems with it and he said that it would freeze every now and then, so his mom took the PS2 back and traded it is for one of the new flat ones.

400exrules
12-28-2004, 11:33 AM
Ive had my PS2 since it came out, for atleast 3 years i belive, and i have never had one single problem, works like a charm everytime. but im not one of those kids who lives on ps2. I just play it whenever i get the urge, average of maybe 2-3 hours a week. sometimes, none

my friends ps2 wont play some discs, he has a game called hcampions of norrath and it takes like an hour of constantly takin the disc out and puttin it back in before it will even detect it. plus when your playin his ps2 it will constantly say a controller is unplugged, when its not

MY450R
12-28-2004, 11:48 AM
QJ make sure you let us know if you get it up and running again

Big400EX
12-28-2004, 11:57 AM
Notify SONY of the problem, have you actually had a professional look at any of the machines or did you self diagnose them yourself. Im no PS2 expert but I'd reccomend you sending it to a professional because the lense may need to be cleaned. (Professionaly)

Bubba
12-28-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by BlueZ440
I think my is Fked up 2..I can play the games with a clear back..like atv2 but if I put one with the blackorpurple back it won't play..:grr:

mine is the exact same way but i cant complain, because my friend sold it to me for a dollar...so i can play all my games except one of them, and some dvds dont work either

kicken250x
12-28-2004, 12:16 PM
i think the problem with a lot of them is people not keeping the OUTSIDE clean or keeping them off the floor. a game system with a fan blows air all through the casing as well as over the lense. ive had 3 PS2's and and Xbox and ive never had a problem with any of them except for one that i bought from this guy for half a 6 pack because it "was broke and wouldnt play games." all i had to do was pop the case off and clean the lense with a little
alk-a-ma-hol and i was good to go! he left it istting on the floor a whole lot and thats all that was wrong with it. maybe thats your problem, i dont know. give it a try though

Toadz400
12-28-2004, 12:22 PM
I bought my PS2 when they first came out and it just started giving me the disc read errors this year, so I looked it up through Google and found some good information. You basically have to reset the height at which the laser is sitting and try out every type of game you have, including DVDs. It's a trial and error kind of thing, once you get it set at the right level it will play everything with no problem. I did that and so far I haven't had any problems.

Edit: I just checked out that link someone posted in here and that's what I was talking about, it goes through and explains what you need to do. Except when I found it, it gave pictures so that made it a bit easier.

Syrus
12-28-2004, 12:50 PM
LOL this makes me laugh, cause I Had the same problem with my XBOX that you guys are havin with your ps2.

My XBOX light on the front stays RED... not green, RED. I tried everything to fix it, even took the strogest air compresser to that mofo and blew every dust partical out possible. So.... i elbo dropped it one night and that was the end of that... its in the local dump now.

Bought a PS2 and havent had 1 problem with it sofar, works great, live it so much more than my XBOX. Ill never take a microsoft product over Sony, i just find Sonys products more reliable... sorta like Honda and yamahaha if u know what i mean :P

But ya, my sony's just go forever. If you guys have any disk read errors, try taking a air compresser to the back of the machine (do not take it apart) It should blow up most of the dust that collects inside from the back cooling fan.

250EXking
12-28-2004, 02:01 PM
Mine is about 3 years old and once in a while i get a disc read error. i just open the door and blow out the dust and it plays fine.

AtvMxRider
12-28-2004, 02:41 PM
Tina do you stand the ps2 on it's side or lay it flat?

12-28-2004, 03:24 PM
go to walmart and buy a new PS2 with cash...then put your old ps2 in the box and keep the new one & return it saying it is giving yo udisk read errors & you want your money back..you get your money back & your new PS2...iv'e done it a few times untill I gave up and got an xbox

BlueZ440
12-28-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
go to walmart and buy a new PS2 with cash...then put your old ps2 in the box and keep the new one & return it saying it is giving yo udisk read errors & you want your money back..you get your money back & your new PS2...iv'e done it a few times untill I gave up and got an xbox

I might try that..thanks

quad
12-28-2004, 03:41 PM
Dont do that.They check the serial numbers on em.

SRH
12-28-2004, 03:43 PM
ive had my ps 2 since it cam out, its been good and when ive got those disc reading errors i looked and it was a mark or something on the cd and it played after i wiped it off, my bro had that prob with his so i put it on its side and for some odd reason it works better now

AtvMxRider
12-28-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by SRH
my bro had that prob with his so i put it on its side and for some odd reason it works better now

I have had 2 of them give me the disc read error and when I bought the last 2 the person at store said that standing them up is what causes it to do that.

SRH
12-28-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
I have had 2 of them give me the disc read error and when I bought the last 2 the person at store said that standing them up is what causes it to do that.

lol thats weird, i always have layed mine flat and so did he, then he had problesma dn i saw alot of people had them on the side, so far so good

12-28-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by quad
Dont do that.They check the serial numbers on em. thats what I thought too but they actually havent ever done it to me or other people i know that have tried it

Ralph
12-28-2004, 05:02 PM
for one thing, xbox is just as bad and my friends have gone through plenty of em,

for the playstation, you can send them in and in a few weeks they will send u a new one or yours fixed for free. or you can do what i did and just open it up and clean the lens with some alchohol and a cotton swab. took me like 20 minutes and worked smooth since.

btw, if you open it up it voids the warranty and you prob wont beable to send in.

also if anyone wants to get rid of their broken ones ill be glad to pay for your shipping.

as for standing them up, people say it helps to stand it up so most likely it doesnt make a diff and its just hear-say with no real importance behind it.

redlineranger
12-28-2004, 08:20 PM
ive had my ps2 since 2001 and its a huge steamy pile now.... so there wus only one solution. XBOX;)

Ralph
12-28-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by redlineranger
ive had my ps2 since 2001 and its a huge steamy pile now.... so there wus only one solution. XBOX;)

Did you trade your steaming pile of playstation for a steaming pile of xbox games with a piece of corn in it(halo).

Big400EX
12-28-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
Did you trade your steaming pile of playstation for a steaming pile of xbox games with a piece of corn in it(halo).

Forgot to laugh:o Give up while your ahead and go mess around with Photoshop or something.

SGA
12-28-2004, 09:03 PM
Say, isn't that being dishonest?

250xridamatt
12-28-2004, 09:07 PM
my PS2 only has trouble with those stupid blue backed disks, but i hear that is pretty common. I still have mine from right when it came out. Dvd's do not play well on it tho. Yea, you can tell if a playstation has been opened or not, so it really sucks. Could u imagine if they did something like that with a fourwheeler?

Florida400EX
12-28-2004, 09:20 PM
I bought mine the first day they came out, it has dropped on the floor and the front part with the playstation symbol completely broke off, and it still works perfect!

redlineranger
12-28-2004, 09:45 PM
if i bought another ps2 it wuld be the new skinny ones but im sticken with xbox... i like so far..... ive got blisters on my finger tho.. playin to much underground 2:p ... no i still got the steamy pile... its not really raggady its jus that the main plug likes to fall out alot cus ive moved so much and take playstation alot of places and its jus worn out real bad:rolleyes:

Ralph
12-28-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Big400EX
Forgot to laugh:o Give up while your ahead and go mess around with Photoshop or something.

Ralph
12-28-2004, 10:20 PM
if i bought another ps2 it wuld be the new skinny ones but im sticken with xbox... i like so far..... ive got blisters on my finger tho.. playin to much underground 2:p ... no i still got the steamy pile... its not really raggady its jus that the main plug likes to fall out alot cus ive moved so much and take playstation alot of places and its jus worn out real bad:rolleyes:

me and my friends played it all night yesterday cause we got bored (on xbox btw, maybe that will make some of you happy:confused: ) anyways, thats a pretty good game. Im not all too big into rice but i still enjoy that game, i like the fact how it is pretty realistic and the diff types of racing there are and tuning your car accordingly.

redlineranger
12-28-2004, 10:23 PM
how much you got beat and what cars do you have, i got a decked out civic and celica, and jus got a is 300, oh and im like 18% done

Ralph
12-28-2004, 10:27 PM
how much you got beat and what cars do you have, i got a decked out civic and celica, and jus got a is 300, oh and im like 18% done

We did the miata mx-5 wich is at like 3 stars. Celica wich has like 2.5. and an is-300 with all the performance goodies. I dunno what percent we are at but we unlocked something like 40% of all the aftermarket parts...

redlineranger
12-28-2004, 10:36 PM
im workin on my is 300 now and have 9 or 10% of parts unlocked

crday98
12-28-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by SGA
Say, isn't that being dishonest?
not really IMO. the store doesn't take the hit, the manufacturer does.
if the item was faulty, then the manufacturer should have to suffer just as she has by spending her hard earned money and ending up with a few broken PS2's. if it broke and she was at fault, then i feel it would be dishonest if she returned it that way. all that crap aside, i think each PS2 has it's own serial number and you would get caught if you tried to return it. i also don't think there are any places that sell the older style PS2s anymore to do this anyhow. if the faulty part inside is the same in the new as it was in the old, you could just swap those parts and return it;)
i have returned multiple broken controllers by buying a new one and returning the broken one:o
not to get off subject but this reminds me of something i did 3 years ago. it is funny but wrong.
when i was still married to the ex, she wanted this stupid "Cybie" robot dog for x-mas. it was $300 at every place i looked. i said no f**kin way. a few days before X-mas i found one at a toy store that going out of business and very far from home.it was on sale for $70 so i broke down and bought it. well, three days after x-mas the damn thing broke. so instead of driving 50 + miles to return it, i decided to try returning it at a local store not even thinking it would still be higher in price than what i paid.they asked if i had a recipt and i replied "no". then then told me that they could only give me a gift card for the store which wasn't a problem as i shop there frequently. she handed me the gift card and i went on my merry way. later while shopping i pulled out the card to make my purchase and noticed the slip showing that there was $318 on the card:eek2: :huh . i kept my mouth shut and never said a word:o

QuadJunkies
12-28-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Tina do you stand the ps2 on it's side or lay it flat? to be honest. Im not sure........ :confused: It up in my kids play room, so Ill have to go and look!!! I think its flat though.

QuadJunkies
12-28-2004, 11:38 PM
go to walmart and buy a new PS2 with cash...then put your old ps2 in the box and keep the new one & return it saying it is giving yo udisk read errors & you want your money back..you get your money back & your new PS2...iv'e done it a few times untill I gave up and got an xbox hahaha... I work in retail and if any employee knew there job knows that trick!!! And that doesnt fly around here!! Thats what that serieal # is checked for beforre returing......... :o ;) It does get fustrating though paying all that money for it to repeat with the same problems... :ermm:

QuadJunkies
12-28-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by 250xridamatt
my PS2 only has trouble with those stupid blue backed disks, but i hear that is pretty common. I still have mine from right when it came out. Dvd's do not play well on it tho. Yea, you can tell if a playstation has been opened or not, so it really sucks. Could u imagine if they did something like that with a fourwheeler? mine has NEVER played Dvd's well.. :grr: you can barely see the movie play...

bansheeguy77
12-28-2004, 11:45 PM

i didnt read any of the replies so not sure if any1 has mentioned this but. if you get a new one get one with a warranty. not the factory its crap. go to eb games they have 1 or 2 year warranties for 15 or 25 bucks. i just got a new xbox. also best buy has a good replacement plan. 2 years for 30 bucks i believe. u can get 20 new ps2s within that 2 years for no extra cost to you. the controller is even covered. its a very good deal and they dont check...so u could get a new ps2 every 3 months if ya wanted.
btw i worked for best buy so i know these things :scary:

QuadJunkies
12-28-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77
i didnt read any of the replies so not sure if any1 has mentioned this but. if you get a new one get one with a warranty. not the factory its crap. go to eb games they have 1 or 2 year warranties for 15 or 25 bucks. i just got a new xbox. also best buy has a good replacement plan. 2 years for 30 bucks i believe. u can get 20 new ps2s within that 2 years for no extra cost to you. the controller is even covered. its a very good deal and they dont check...so u could get a new ps2 every 3 months if ya wanted.
btw i worked for best buy so i know these things :scary: thanks for that info ;) Most things I buy now days I do buy warrenties for, this one was just one I didnt get offered one...

QuadJunkies
12-29-2004, 10:35 AM
well. theres one thing I just learned today.... the new games WILL NOT play on the older machines !!:grr: Now a typical consumer is NOT going to know that!!! :mad: When they came out with the PS2, it was under the assumption that you can play most ALL ps1 AND ps2 gaems on it. now.......... you cant play the nwer games, but can play the older ones on the other machines.!! Thats crap !!! None the less, after all the trouble shooting. its t!ts up.. :( I will have no other chioce but to buy yet another machine... I think Im going to buy the Xbox next.... Im about done with this PS2 POS!

QuadJunkies
12-29-2004, 11:40 AM
being the determined girl that I am.... :p I called back and spoke with someone else, they told me what I stated above is NOT correct whoever told me that!:grr: That is with the older units and some of the DVD's NOT the games. They only have a listing of 10 games that are PS1 that wont play on the PS2 and even the newest games should play(almost all) They are fixing my PS2 and /or shipping a new one to us in 7-14 business days... He also told me that if you cont. to use scratched games on the machine, that will wear the machine down FAST! I may have to pay a 35.00 diagnostic fee but highly doubtful he said...

QuadJunkies
12-29-2004, 11:43 AM
OH. and I almost forgot............

Do NOT use a lens cleaner(disc) unless it is a Paystation certified /approved one it may void your warrenty!!! They also suggest using a vaccum to it NOT a can iff air,your basically blowing dirt and dust into the machine and not getting it out.makes sense.....

12-29-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by SGA
Say, isn't that being dishonest? it is :rolleyes: i bet you never did anything like that before have you mr. perfect? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

MY450R
12-29-2004, 02:26 PM
ive had to return two of them
so i would buy a new one first then switch the covers on them and some other part i forgot what it is now but it worked every time and they checked too

beak7707
12-29-2004, 02:35 PM
kinda off topic, but I heard theres a ps3 coming out. Anybody else heard anything about it?

250xridamatt
12-29-2004, 03:03 PM
I saw on g4techtv that they found the patent for it on the online patent office or whatever. So you can see how its supposedly going to work or something like that. All i know is that its supposed to be really fast and have awesome graphics to better compete with the new xbox when it comes out.

Ralph
12-29-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by 250xridamatt
I saw on g4techtv that they found the patent for it on the online patent office or whatever. So you can see how its supposedly going to work or something like that. All i know is that its supposed to be really fast and have awesome graphics to better compete with the new xbox when it comes out.

it is gonna use some kind of crazy technology, give me a minute and ill get you some more info real qucik

12-29-2004, 03:28 PM
ibm is working on it and using some crazy technology but xbox 2 will be better

Ralph
12-29-2004, 03:30 PM
You can think of X-Box 2 as a really suped up Apple G5. It has triple 64-bit processing power, as opposed to the G5's dual, and an incredibly high-powered graphics card. The coin that will determine what chip company Microsoft will turn to (Nvidia or ATI) has been tossed, but it's still in the air. Microsoft also plans to completely ditch their system's hard drive. Why? Because they're trying to be like Nintendo for some really stupid reason. They probably won't go through with it, but it's a pretty powerful rumor. So, there you go. That's X-Box 2 in all its glory. I've already seen very impressive screenshots from the next Morrowind game that will be the first game released on X-Box 2. Impressive? yes. The amount of bump-mapping and lighting effects the machine can carry out is incredible. However, is it something I've never seen before? Absolutely not. PCs will quickly over-power the X-Box 2 and it will become obselete. Halo 3, of course, will save it. It is also said that Halo 3 is supposed to launch the same day PS3 does.

While were on the subject, PS3 is going to take a bite out of the X-Box 2 and spit it right out into video game history. Don't take me as a Sony fanboy. Really, I'm an X-Box guy, but the Playstation 3 is revolutionary. It's prototype, developed two years ago, was based on the processing of dime-sized liquid silicon cells that each had a 1 ghz processor of their own. The cells themselves were processed by a CPU that took 400 million dollars for IBM, Toshiba, and Sony to research and develop. The machine featured 250 cells in all. The resulting CPU Clock-Speed? 250 ghz. X-Box doesn't even run at 1 ghz.
OH AND BY THE WAY, THE X-BOX IS NOT 128 BIT, IT BOASTS A 32-BIT 733 MHZ INTEL PENTIUM III PROCESSOR AND A 64 MB NVIDIA GEFORCE X, CUSTOM-MADE FOR THE CONSOLE. The GeForce X is about as powerful as a GeForce 3 computer graphics chip.
OH AND ONE MORE THING, DOOM 3 IS COMING OUT ON X-BOX IN A FEW MONTHS. NOT X-BOX 2.
Back to PS3, you can compare it to the movies. Think human brain when thinking about its hardware. It basically has unlimmited processing power. 250 ghz is REALLY unnecessary, but very possible.

Warnerade
12-29-2004, 04:07 PM
my atari has been going strong since 1984....

SGA
12-29-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by beak7707
kinda off topic, but I heard theres a ps3 coming out. Anybody else heard anything about it?
I found this:

Work on the PlayStation3’s Graphical Processing Unit is going well and should culminate in the finialised version of the nVidia built chip by the end of 2005 – according to nVidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang.

At the end of last week, the nVidia boss and co-founder commented and reinforced the announcement that “It's based on the next generation GPU technology… I have every expectation that we will be able to see final production silicon later on in the year."

This news follows on from the announcement made by Sony and IBM in November that the CELL processor that will power the PS3 has now been built as a prototype. The PS3 isn’t expected to hit the streets until 2006, so this projected timeline by the nVidia boss seems to support this.

SGA
12-29-2004, 06:03 PM
And I found this too:

At the recent Credit-Suisse First Boston Technology Conference, Electronic Arts, further pushing its status as the games industry’s leading protagonist, showed some images it claimed are representative of what next-generation home consoles will be capable of.

EA spokesman and CFO Warren Jensen presented two images, one of Madden and one representing future Need for Speed software, both renders of projected graphical output.

"Imagine that the characters in a football [game] will be capable of showing real emotion," said Jensen. "That's what's going to be possible with the next generation of technology."

SGA
12-29-2004, 06:03 PM

Mxjunkie
12-29-2004, 06:09 PM
wow those graphics are insane:eek2:

redlineranger
12-29-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
wow those graphics are insane:eek2:

yes indeed... if thats ps3 graphics.. then if xbox 2 comes out. think of what they will look like:eek:

Chef
12-29-2004, 08:17 PM
I dont know if this has been posted or not...but the PS2 isnt the only one with disc read issues. I know of 3 Xbox's that do the same thing, except for they do it in the middle of a game. It comes on fine...then 10-15 minutes later the error screen comes up. Mine, and 2 friends do this. Along with my PS2.

Rootar
12-29-2004, 08:28 PM
get an x box you wont have probs theyre solid oh and get halo2 cause its the only game youll ever need

QuadJunkies
12-29-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by beak7707
kinda off topic, but I heard theres a ps3 coming out. Anybody else heard anything about it? Someone told me at work the other night they are already out in Japan(but you know rumors) but I dont think they are calling it a PS3,it was something else.

QuadJunkies
12-29-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Rootar
get an x box you wont have probs theyre solid oh and get halo2 cause its the only game youll ever need I heard that game is the chit!!! :blah:

SGA~~ Those Graphics are SAWEET!!!! :cool:

coryatver
12-29-2004, 11:36 PM
My friends brand new PS2 he got for christmas already has the disk read error problem:(

QuadJunkies
12-30-2004, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by coryatver
My friends brand new PS2 he got for christmas already has the disk read error problem:( serious??? :eek2: That would tick me off!!! :grr: Well.......... they cant blame that on a scratched disc now can they!!:rolleyes:

Ralph
12-30-2004, 08:28 AM
Someone told me at work the other night they are already out in Japan(but you know rumors) but I dont think they are calling it a PS3,it was something else.

Hes thinking of PSX and im pretty sure that is just like a computer and playstation 2 put together. PS3 is diff.

Warnerade
12-30-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Rootar
get an x box you wont have probs theyre solid oh and get halo2 cause its the only game youll ever need halo2 sucks shut your pie hole

rippin2
12-30-2004, 03:44 PM
iv gone through 4...i think im just gunna get xbox..pr the new playstation but it better not break:mad:

redlineranger
12-30-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
halo2 sucks shut your pie hole

not really:macho

Warnerade
12-30-2004, 05:57 PM
lol...why play a game where you shoot your green lazer balls at someone, hit them 30 times in the head..they go abck to their base and re-caharge their life...or jump 50 stories up, fall from very high heights..and jsut walk away. son..id rather play a game where i shoot someone int he head once and their *** drops

12-30-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
lol...why play a game where you shoot your green lazer balls at someone, hit them 30 times in the head..they go abck to their base and re-caharge their life...or jump 50 stories up, fall from very high heights..and jsut walk away. son..id rather play a game where i shoot someone int he head once and their *** drops you're so cool :rolleyes:

Warnerade
12-30-2004, 06:03 PM
you're so cool :rolleyes: bout damn time someone notices

dunnonuttin
12-30-2004, 06:25 PM
i was about to make a thread on this. ive had my ps2 for 2 years and it finally broke. the laser thing is broke, the disc tray is broke and the thing that picks up the disc is broke. i got mxunleashed for xmas and the first time i played it, it put a big scuff on it about an inch long. im thinkin of trashing the ps2 and goin to xbox. some xmas this was

dunnonuttin
12-30-2004, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
Hes thinking of PSX and im pretty sure that is just like a computer and playstation 2 put together. PS3 is diff. i heard the ps3 is supposed to go for $500 and it has internet access and mp3 and all that good stuff.

crazybuffalo
12-30-2004, 06:29 PM
mine was workin fine then i turned it off and it has never came back on since:( . oh well i bought one of those new slim ones so i guess it makes it worth while.

khen
01-06-2005, 07:59 PM
Just to let everyone know, I ordered in 2 new lasers off of ebay for $34 each shipped for my sons and his friends PS2's. They were both giving the disk read errors on most games. I put the new lasers in them and they fire right up on both DVD's and every game we've tried.

In the past I have cleaned my sons laser, did the gear, vr voltage and laser height adjustments each of these helped short term, but it's just compensating for a laser that's on it's way out.