PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyway to have a T-9 pro baja rim hold air??

ranger400ex1994
12-27-2004, 09:49 PM
i have a set of 8" T-9 BAJAs in the rear and ITP rounded edge in the front. the rear are 18" kenda claws and the front are 20" klaws. the fronts hold air the rear leak out after 2 days or less. what can i do .

cdalejef
12-28-2004, 06:46 AM
What part of the rim is it leaking from?

throwinitup
12-28-2004, 08:53 AM
FIX A FLAT!

:D :D
to find the leak, if you have a wash sink in your basement or somethin, fill it up with water and insert your wheel/tire the place where the leak is will have air bubbles commin up..im sure you could use your bathtub but momma might beat your head in for gettin mud in there..lol

break them down and clean the rim with a wire wheel on a drill (on the bead) and clean the tire up and use some liquid bead sealer and put em back together...good luck without a tire machine :eek2:

Flynbryan19
12-28-2004, 08:56 AM
The last thing you want in a sport atv tire is fix a flat.....

When you get up to speed it throws the tire rediculously out of balance. Fix-a-flat sucks, it maybe fine in slow ute quads, but I'll never put it in a sport quad tire again.

throwinitup
12-28-2004, 10:39 AM
ive never had any problems when using it for trailside fixes....just fill er' up n keep rippin....i mean my carrier is already shot, so whats it matter?? :devil: btw, im waiting till spring to get a new one, along with my 416 kit :eek2:

Ginxd00
12-28-2004, 02:40 PM
Could maybe be a bad valve stem or I had a similar problem with a rim leaking air on my drag car. I eneded up putting a bead of silicon around the edge where the rim was welded. When you tig weld it sometimes leaves a pinhole where you pulled the welding rod out of the bead to end the weld. You may have the same thing happening I did. Try to smear a thin layer around the rim (tire off) where the front and back of the rim are welded. May work may not, but it worth a try.

Jingle 11
12-28-2004, 11:13 PM
heres what works for me finding leaks get a bottle of soapy water in a spray gun and spray the area u think its in. if its there it will bubble.