PDA

View Full Version : 450r- What To Do?

mitchummm
12-27-2004, 09:14 PM
Well today was a happy day. I've been talking with my pops and he gave me an awesome answer. Right now, I have a 04 z250 with nerfs and bumbers and cosmetic stuff, however like people have said it's a fun quad, but you get tired of the power. Every trail I go to that has doubles or just any jump with a sloped or flat landing, I bottom out on. I have also grown over time to love quads. I'm a big kid( 6' , 145 lbs), so I know I need a bigger machine. i was thinking about the Z400, but in the long run I know I am going to want a bigger and better machine, so I have definatley narrowed it down to the 450R. I can get one for the same price out the door as a Z400 at another dealer so I am good as far as the quad goes. Now for the trouble. I turn 16 in April, so I am getting a truck to haul the bad boy around with. THe original plan was to keep my z250 witha v6 4x4 tacoma. Instead, I am getting a V4 Taco (it actually looks good, not liek a little mexican one sitting on crappy 20 inch tires), and my 450r. Even if I dont haul my quad in it (my dad has a 05 Chevy z71 with a6inch lift and 35inch A/ts on MT Classic Locks), its a money issue. (Cheaper car with better quad=funner in the long run) or (gass guzzler with bottoming out small quad = no fun in long run). So i am getting the 450r.
I've tossed out the old sports and my dad is doing great business, so I can get some aftermarket stuffins.
Definatley I will get the:
Quad Tech Carbon Fiber hood and Quad Tech grpahic kit.
AC pro-peg nerfs
DG BAJA FRONT BUMPER
Itp Bajas with Holeshot CC
Tether cord kill switch
Rath +1 steering stem with high bars(Im a big guy)
Works connection Oil Drain Plugs
Shock covers and main chassis skid plate.

Now I have no clue for suspension, no clue anymore.
At first i wanted HOUSER +2 a arms regular travel.
However I ride North Georgia titght, twisty, rocky, muddy trails.
And I have no clue about supension. Should I leave it stock?
I like to get some air and I am not racing MX(If anythiong, latter I will race GNCC), so the biggest jumps and stuff will be like 20 foot step downs, and no more than 8 feet in the air.
So will I be safe with stock suspension. Or should I run +1 a-arms with a basic elka shock?
Please help. Give me my suspension help and any other suggestions. I appreciate it.