PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Doctor in the house???

Stevie-D
12-27-2004, 05:52 PM
i'm replacing the fuel pump in my pickup. so today i needed to drain my tank. (pump is in the tank.) couldn't find my siphon, so i got a piece of hose and did it by mouth. ( i know, stupid move.i've done this before, and gotten gas in my mouth once or twice. but today i did it, and swallowed a bit of it. i felt pretty nausious afterward, and i can still taste it when i burp. this was about 7 hours ago. i can't really taste it anymore, but i'm wondering if i should be worried about the gas doing anything to me internally. anything i should worry about???

gdkarma
12-27-2004, 06:10 PM
don't fart near any open flames

KEN1
12-27-2004, 06:12 PM
Ummm........if you valued your life you would have called your local poison center instead of coming to this board for medical advice. WHAT ARE YOU INSANE!!!!!:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

Stevie-D
12-27-2004, 06:13 PM
lmao. i've been eating bread all day trying to soak up the gas so it will digest and get the he!! out of me. i think that because its an oil, it's sitting on top of all the liquidy crap in my stomache. but what do i know.

i'll keep the arse hole away from fires for a day or two though;) :D

hotquad
12-27-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by gdkarma

good one...:D

Aceman
12-27-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by gdkarma

Yeah, that would be bad.:p Why don't you call a poison control center and ask them what you should do?:confused: I know if I swallowed gas I wouldn't wait 7+ plus hours and then ask a bunch of atv riders what to do.

wheeltrax
12-27-2004, 06:18 PM
burp over a lit match..lol. call the poisen control center..Mr. Yuck

Narly R
12-27-2004, 06:22 PM
Brake fluid didnt hurt me, but fuel is a little more ponen. Maybe give the ER a call...

TM426
12-27-2004, 06:23 PM
If you made it hours your OK. But Im not a Doc or nuthing. Good luck:macho

kicken250x
12-27-2004, 06:41 PM
its never happened to me, but i think i remember people saying drink milk since its a base and gas is acidic, it will nutralize it and eat bread to soak it up. sounds like you had the right idea except CALLING THE DAMN POISON CONTROL CENTER!!! haha id hit them up and see what theyre talkin about if i were you

Stevie-D
12-27-2004, 06:52 PM
i figure that since i've made it for bout 7 or 8 hours i'll be fine

nosliw
12-27-2004, 06:56 PM
just a little bit from syphoning? dont even worry about it. ive gotten maybe 6-7oz in me from syphoning really hard and having it come up on me and im fine. i didnt even eat any bread i just kept working for the next 5 or 6 hours and went to bed without dinner :ermm:

suck it up soldier :D ;)

Stevie-D
12-27-2004, 07:03 PM
just a little bit from syphoning? dont even worry about it. ive gotten maybe 6-7oz in me from syphoning really hard and having it come up on me and im fine. i didnt even eat any bread i just kept working for the next 5 or 6 hours and went to bed without dinner

now this is my kind of guy.

i've never called poison control for anything before. they will only tell me to just give it time, rest, dont throw up, etc.. and i'll be fine.

bulkdriverlp
12-27-2004, 09:39 PM
umm wouldnt it have been easier to put a jack under the tank and let it down, then pour the gas into a gascan?

EPDP99
12-27-2004, 10:04 PM
drink some of that stuff that eats gas and oil. you know then you can just wash it down the drain afterwards. haha that stuff should do the trick. just stay ontop of your fluids(water....not booze)

JDiablo
12-27-2004, 10:13 PM
i've drank some motor oil before,lol i had the funnel thing upwards,so it could drain out,and i had my drink directly under it,i got back 15 mins later to take a slug,and i almost threw up,all i tasted was motor oil...so you should be fine,try lighting a match when you fart thou,let us know how big the flame gets:D :devil:

450Racer
12-27-2004, 10:21 PM
i had some anti-freeze today. not too much, about half an ounce. i did feel pretty sick afterwards.

remember...it's the 5 SECOND rule not 5 HOUR rule. :ermm:

nosliw
12-27-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by 450Racer
i had some anti-freeze today. not too much, about half an ounce. i did feel pretty sick afterwards.

remember...it's the 5 SECOND rule not 5 HOUR rule. :ermm:

dont even **** around with ethylene glycol, doesnt take a lot of that stuff to have you pushin up daisys :eek2:

had a cat die of that, didnt take anymore than a tblspoon either

SGA
12-27-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by nosliw
dont even **** around with ethylene glycol, doesnt take a lot of that stuff to have you pushin up daisys :eek2:

had a cat die of that, didnt take anymore than a tblspoon either
Yeah, antifreeze is bad stuff. Ive had it drip right in my mouth before working under a car. I hollored to someone and bloop, right in it went. I spit it right out.

As far as the gas, you'll be fine. Ive swallowed a little bit before while siphoning. I turned a bit green and felt a bit funky, but I was ok. Maybe a teaspoon or so.
If you got enough to hurt you, you would be hurling. Your stomachs just not gonna let alot sit in there.