PDA

View Full Version : no handed landers

Out_Sider
12-27-2004, 04:24 PM
i've done one before, but they always scared me because the quad would jerk quite a bit when the front wheels hit, but im buying a denton steering stabilizer, will that help any when it comes to the jerky landing? or do i just need to stick with racing and quit tryin to show off for the ladies? :p btw: i bought the stabilizer for racing, just thought i'd see if it would help any with this too

sparks400
12-28-2004, 07:33 PM
with the stabilzer it shouldnt jerk, i tryed it w/o it and it jerked a lil and wen i put it on it was all good, wen ur scared is wen u crash, cuz u panitc, trust me ive done it lol

reconmaster
12-29-2004, 06:22 PM
i have done quite few 1s with my recon its 1 of the easiest tricks 2 learn u just got 2 make sure ur wheels r straight ur nose is pitched 2 far
hers some pics of me doin a no hander lander and a no hander
http://www.funtigo.com/img/i7384365_98659.jpg
http://predator.bikepics.com/pics/honda-recon-98-bikepics-265188.jpg

TCRACING425EX
12-29-2004, 07:38 PM
ya the only thing is that you have to make sure your bars are straight. if it jerks a bit that isnt really anything big i have landed no handed with my wheels pretty crooked and it jerks a lil and then it good. just dont be scared and if you feel you are going to fall all i can say is tuck and roll:D.lol good luck

Kilabanshee
12-29-2004, 07:45 PM
Yeah any trick which requires you to land the quad in a wierd way which isnot normal I'de deff recomend getting a steering stabilzer so the bars dont go the opposite way when your landing. I actuly had this happen alittle while ago on my 400ex I was doing a no hander lander landed fine but when I landed my bars kinda jerked and with a really slipery seat "armorall the night before" I slide right off. Try to remember not to use any slipery substances on your seat because if you land with your butt not situated on the seat correctly you may get ran over bye your quad or thrown to the side ect and if you dont have your killswitch on the situation could turn even worse for your quad.

rollie
12-29-2004, 08:24 PM
LOl darrell cant even do a no hander lander:p

im kidding im kidding...:D

throwinitup
01-02-2005, 08:35 PM
sometimes i end up doing 1 handed and no handed landings when i dont even try :huh those ones hurt :ermm: lol

bignorm
01-04-2005, 04:55 PM
all u have to do is just land with ur weight centered and ull be fine i do em all the time of my ramp. try to land with ur froint end down to and itll be alot softer landing. and lean back a lil to cause when u land with no hands u have nothing to keep u from going foward. k

-josh