PDA

View Full Version : 250ex oil change

michiganrider
12-27-2004, 01:57 PM
First, hello everybody, I'm new around here!

I seem to have lost my manuals for my 400ex and my 250ex and I've run into a couple of snags performing some maintenance on them.

First, how many quarts of oil does the 250ex take? And, is there only one drain bolt (the one on the bottom of the engine)? Finally, how frequently does the filter inside the engine needed to be serviced (I'll take that one in to the dealer)?

Thanks!
Kurt

hardkoratvmxr
12-27-2004, 02:00 PM
i changew my oil filter everytime i ride. and the amount of oil is easy to figure out just change the oil and oil filter and fill and check the dip stick and ride around for 5 minutes varying rpms. let it cool then check the dipstick and add appropriately dont put a lot in the fiorst time. dont take it to your dealer changing the oil is something everyone shoould be able to do by themselves.

michiganrider
12-27-2004, 07:36 PM
Thanks Hardkor, but I do change the oil regularly on my machines; I just obtained the 250ex, though.

Anyway, I performed the oil change and it appears the machine will take a little less than 2 quarts. Also, the bottom drain seemed to work fine.

If anybody knows when I should have the internal filter changed please let me know!

Thanks,
Kurt

267ex
12-27-2004, 11:18 PM
the 250ex takes 1.7qts.

does the 250 even have a oil filter? i should look :huh