PDA

View Full Version : Need help with steering stem and bars

ACHI
12-27-2004, 01:14 PM
I need to get a longer steering stem and higher bars. Im 6'2" and any time i stand up to go through rough stuff it feels like im gonna kiss my front bumper. If any one else has this prob could they give me some suggestions/comments on what works well it would be great.

JRDrider22
12-27-2004, 01:28 PM
get a longer stem. and a bigger clamp. you may have to get longer lines for your throttle, brake, and clutch, im not quite sure. but deffinitly get a longer stem

ACHI
12-27-2004, 02:47 PM
this is for a 400ex. what i would like to know is what should i get a +2 +3 stem. and what bars work well for a tall person. brands bends and anything special i need to consider is what im after. thanks for any help anyone can give me

Groomsy
12-27-2004, 03:41 PM
can't tell ya as far as the stem...but the best bars out, in my opinion, are renthals.........not sure what bends they have but i am sure u will find one to suit you...they are great bars

JRDrider22
12-27-2004, 03:55 PM
you can get an adjustable stem also. for the mean time look into bars. i dont like renthal that much. i like tag, but they have a bend for racing. what type of riding do you do?

ACHI
12-27-2004, 04:27 PM
i mostly ride trails out in the desert.

Jingle 11
12-29-2004, 02:18 PM
forget the stem. get cr double high bend bars (fat bars) and the universal adapter that rasies the bars 3/4". that would be the easiest and cheapest.

vtwoodsrider
12-30-2004, 05:10 AM
yeah what he said, and if that is still not tall enough bring it to a shop and have them build you a riser. i am 6'3 and on my 400 i ran a +1 stem and tag cr double highs and liked it. tag also has a quad bend which is really high also. but if you dont need the anti vibe and your stem is straight then id just do the bars and clamps

JDiablo
12-30-2004, 06:22 AM
dont forget the flexx bars as well now,also a killer bar,if you want to save some money get a burgard stem:devil:

4StrokeThunder
12-30-2004, 08:51 AM
I'm looking at getting a new stem also... I have heard that a +1 stem and Pro Tapers will give you a stock height, because the Pro Tapers are one inch lower... Thats just what I heard... So if thats true i what thinking of going with a +2 stem and Pro Tapers or Flexx Bars so it would be one inch heighter than stock... I am looking at getting a Houser stem, does anyone have any experience with them positive and nagative... Thanks

rollie
12-30-2004, 01:43 PM
you should look into some ROX risers....they rase the bars 2 inches and are pretty cheap i believe...not sure of there website tho