PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding brakes help quick!

sprtrx300ex
12-27-2004, 12:44 PM
Im in the middle of bleeding my new lines.

I have them on and tight, the cliper full of fluid.

Im pumping the lever, holding, loosening bleed screw, then tightening, then repeating..

Ive been doin it for 30 min, but i feel very little increase in pressure. When I loosen the bleers, fluid comes out, no air...

Its takin fluid from the resivor, but im not gaining hardly any pressure. Should I just keep goin?

Any ideas????

300exOH
12-27-2004, 12:51 PM
You'll have to refill the reservior quite a few times before the air is out of the lines. You can use a piece of clear rubber hose to suck the fluid through the system. Just don't let it go all the way to your mouth. Or you can pick up a cheap brake bleeder kit from some place like autozone. They make the job go much quicker and some kits sell for under $20.

sprtrx300ex
12-27-2004, 01:24 PM
Ive been sucking the air out for an hour, but it hasnt gotten better. Everything is tight everywhere else. What could it be!?!?

sprtrx300ex
12-27-2004, 03:22 PM
any other ideas, It seems like there is a leak somewhere in the line, beacuse the air keep comming out. Ive been doin this for an hour straight... still bubbles. Everything is tight tho :confused:

buddah
12-29-2004, 09:24 PM
The best way to bleed your brakes is do exactly what you are doing, plus one more step. You know fluid is getting to both calipers. Now get a small bungee cord and wrap it around the brake lever to the handlebar. Leave it tied overnite and you will bleed all the excess air out. You will need to bleed each caliper just a few more times, but you will have full pressure in no time. I've done this procedure countless times and it works everytime. :D :cool:

sprtrx300ex
12-29-2004, 10:15 PM
alright, ill give it a try tomarrow, thanks alot man

YFZ450Ridr
12-29-2004, 11:12 PM
that happened to me a while ago on my 250, my uncle simply suggested we stand the bike up on the back wheels because any air will go straight up. any who, we stood it on the grab bar, bleed the brakes and it worked perfect. be sure to turn your gas off if u do this;)