PDA

View Full Version : steering stabilizers, are they worth it

Out_Sider
12-26-2004, 11:17 PM
are steering stabilizers worth the money when it comes to cuttin down bump steering and helping you finish races? i race motocross and i just need some input on whether or not i should fork out the money for one of them, thanks

JR3
12-27-2004, 06:26 AM
yes but since u dont want to spend that much find a used one

cdalejef
12-27-2004, 07:11 AM
They are worth every penny!

Jersey450R
12-27-2004, 07:16 AM
I have the denton one. at first i thought i was gonna put it up for sale. then after a few rides, i kept thinking, "wow, what would I do with out this"? they are great. Mine sticks out a little far. If you want to go with a better one get the w.e.r. A little pricey though.

Flynbryan19
12-27-2004, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
They are worth every penny!

Ditto!

cdalejef
12-27-2004, 07:19 AM
The WER, GPR and Scotts are much better stabilizers. That is why they are so much more expensive than the Dentons and PEPs.

Jersey450R
12-27-2004, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
The WER, GPR and Scotts are much better stabilizers. That is why they are so much more expensive than the Dentons and PEPs.
true

throwinitup
12-27-2004, 07:21 AM
man i rode a 440 last night with laeger +2 aarms, 3:2 offset wheels and works triple rates w/ rezzies, and that thing was impossible to keep straight...i know im not used to riding a widen bike but im sure a steering stabilizer would defintaly make the differeance between night and day...i would suggest one for anyone with a widened bike..

cdalejef
12-27-2004, 07:26 AM
Sounds like it had a setup problem

TBD
12-27-2004, 09:49 AM
I agree with Jeff. It sounds like the front end on that quad isn't set up right. Before you add a stabilizer make sure the front end is set up right first then add the stabilizer to enhance the performance.

TBD
12-27-2004, 09:52 AM
Also don't make your stabilizer choice determined on price. If so I have a pile of crap that I want a lot of money for so obviouslly it's good because it's expensive(not right).

markk
12-28-2004, 02:07 PM
No complaints from my 7-way rebuildable Denton, But if i get another it will GPR. Like they guys siad, its not all about the cost, But alot is. U GET WHAT U GIVE!

hondarider2006
12-28-2004, 02:48 PM
I'll say that they are worth every penny. Mine has saved my wrists a few times;)

400grl
12-28-2004, 02:53 PM
I agree that that guys front suspension sounds messed up - a stabilizer isn't going to keep your quad from tracking funny - it just keeps the jarring to a minimum.

I have tried both the Denton and the PEP - and like them both. I bought the PEP becuase it was stiffer than the Denton. After looking at this style stabilizer, and then looking at the WER and other expensive bike stabilizers.......I think I've come to the conlusion that the PEP and Denton type stabilizers look like they would work better for ATV applications - we have two wheels - it seems to me that this type of dampner would work better than the more expensive ones designed more for bikes (one front wheel). I think it all boils down to leverage.......not being super technical, the cheaper dampners just look like they would do the job better.

markk
12-28-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by 400grl
I agree that that guys front suspension sounds messed up - a stabilizer isn't going to keep your quad from tracking funny - it just keeps the jarring to a minimum.

I have tried both the Denton and the PEP - and like them both. I bought the PEP becuase it was stiffer than the Denton. After looking at this style stabilizer, and then looking at the WER and other expensive bike stabilizers.......I think I've come to the conlusion that the PEP and Denton type stabilizers look like they would work better for ATV applications - we have two wheels - it seems to me that this type of dampner would work better than the more expensive ones designed more for bikes (one front wheel). I think it all boils down to leverage.......not being super technical, the cheaper dampners just look like they would do the job better.

The GPR's work great, I feel it works better than my Denton, But im running a Denton right now, and will be running it in another year still if that says anything!

I feel its about what can u afford, About the quad becoming all squirly, that has/had nothing to do with the stearing stabiler. That is all about your front end set up.check your front end!

rollie
12-28-2004, 07:23 PM
what exactly do they do and how do they work? if they help that much i think i might look into one:)

400grl
12-28-2004, 10:00 PM
I wanted one to help with fatigue.......on rough, fast tracks I get tired about the 3rd lap in a race and it's hard to hang on, especially with sharp-edged potholes and huge braking bumps.....the dampner just helps absorb some of the jolts and eases the stress on your hands and arms in the rough stuff......

gump
12-30-2004, 10:58 AM
i just sold outsider a denton, could anyone post a pic of it installed on a 300ex for outsider so he'll know where to mount it ? thanks, and good luck with it darrell

Out_Sider
12-30-2004, 11:03 AM
thanks gump, you're the best person i've ever delt with on this site, i give gump a AAAAAAA+++++++ when it comes to doing a transaction, and i hope i'll be able to figure it out on installing it :p but if anyone does have a pic, i'd appreciate it, thank you

hr15
12-30-2004, 05:45 PM
anyone know where i can get one for a trx 90?
Thanks,Len

AtvMxRider
12-30-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by 400grl

God I love this woman:devil:

AtvMxRider
12-30-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by hr15
anyone know where i can get one for a trx 90?
Thanks,Len

Hetricks

hr15
12-31-2004, 06:03 PM
thanks,i will give them a call.

AtvMxRider
12-31-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by hr15
thanks,i will give them a call.

Anytime:)

hareracer
01-01-2005, 11:58 AM
I have a Denton. They say they are rebuildable but don't advertise the rebuild kit. Where do you find one at? Also how much are they?