PDA

View Full Version : Digital Camcorders

wheeltrax
12-26-2004, 09:01 PM
Ok.. lol I am looking at buying a nice digital camcorder. I have been looking at the sony handycam 260. I am looking at spending 300 or less preferably. I need something that i can hook up to my computer, hence the digital camcorder. I figured id get some responses on here. What is the best Digital Camcorder for about 300 bucks? Pros and cons? Thanks in advance.

bulkdriverlp
12-26-2004, 09:09 PM
get the minidv for bout cheapest will be bout 350 or the new mini disk are 750 or you can get analog for 250. id get the minidv thou prolly good enough

wheeltrax
12-26-2004, 09:11 PM
the sony i was looking at was the Digital8. It seems decent, but i know there are other decent cameras other then sony. I need a digital one however. Thanks for the input.

Freestylemxr
12-29-2004, 03:00 PM
I'de get any mini-dv, hooks up easy and have great quality, the mini-disk camera's suck, i have one and you can't hook it up to ur computer or even download the disk, so i'de definetely go with a mini-dv, i got one for $320, the digital8 is not very clear and has very low pixles/ resolution. It seems really studery when you put it on the computer, definetely get a mini-dv. hope this helps

crday98
12-29-2004, 04:29 PM
i just picked up the sony tvr 260 for the old lady and i have no complaints thus far. i did an hour or two of research to find one that had all the features i wanted for around the $300 to $350 price tag and this one is the best bang for the buck.;)
it comes with all the software and hardware you need to put everything right on your computer.the video editing software it comes with is simple to use and also has some neat features.