PDA

View Full Version : swingarm ?'s

cp177
12-26-2004, 06:50 PM
Has anyone tried to install a honda swingarm on a Z?
i.e. -- 400ex, 450r, trx 250r

I'm tired of the stupid chain adjuster that Suzuki has used for 15 years and still hasn't perfected it. I was wondering if a 400ex swingarm will bolt on a Z with all the goodies..

ramp rida 55
12-26-2004, 06:52 PM
just buy and after market one. most brands of aftermarket swingarms have a honda style chain adjustment

sunshine
12-28-2004, 08:51 AM
I've had the best luck w/ JB Racing's swingarm. If you have differ suspension, it will make it sit at least 1 inch lower than a RPM. Both swingarms are Honda style. That means you have to run a Honda axle, locking nuts, hubs, and bearing carrier. You're looking at over $1000 to do this. I think someone makes a Honda style, but still incorporates the Suzuki axle and so forth. Mine is also a +1.

quad
12-28-2004, 09:34 AM
I asked the same thing,a few posts down.I figure if the width is close,and the gap is close where the engine sits on the section where the pivot bolt slides thru,it should work.Ya may have to use a washer or two,or have bushings made.Ofcourse ya will have to use a complete swinger,axle,carrier,and hubs from the EX.

cp177
12-28-2004, 08:13 PM
I just was wanting a quick fix till I can buy a better arm. I just figured I could pick up a complete arm with carrier and axle pretty easy and cheap.
I can't believe more people on this site don't have that to sell.

Brown450R
01-01-2005, 06:22 PM
The stock swingarm sucks, as does the bearing carrier and chain adjuster set-up. Quick fix: Order a houser, lonestar, burgard, etc. swingarm with honda style carrier, and you are all set. Break out the charge card and get to work.