PDA

View Full Version : Help~!

Groomsy
12-26-2004, 03:10 PM
Does anyone have a website/location, ANYTHING, as far as oval tracks in and around Ohio to race my 400 at???I am desperate. I have been all over the internet and all i have found are dirtbike/motorcycle oval tracks....any help will be greatly appreciated...

shogun_98
12-26-2004, 03:32 PM
The only ones that i know of are Orrville and Astabula(sp?) they are GNC TT tracks

Groomsy
12-26-2004, 03:36 PM
well, according to a guy that my stepdad worls with, there are tracks in Dayton, Cincinnati, and Marietta. I checked out the one in Daytin and it is motorcycles only, and i haven't been able to find a site for the ones in Marietta or Cincy...so i don't even know if they exist..

dirtmomma
12-26-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Groomsy
Does anyone have a website/location, ANYTHING, as far as oval tracks in and around Ohio to race my 400 at???I am desperate. I have been all over the internet and all i have found are dirtbike/motorcycle oval tracks....any help will be greatly appreciated...

In our series they run quads on the bike/cart track maybe you should go to one & see if you can get a quad class started :) Good luck

Groomsy
12-26-2004, 03:43 PM
i am bout to get ticked off at some people about a half hour from my house.they have an indoor MX arena, which about 3 times a year is leveled for rodeo events. i have talked to them, atleast 5 times to try to get atleast one oval track race a year for bikes and quads....they wont doo it *******s:mad: o well i am sure i will find somethin.

Sandsjbyz22
12-26-2004, 04:35 PM
I think they still have quad races at deerfield. Thats the TT track they used to race at before Orville. Its on Rt. 14.

Groomsy
12-26-2004, 06:14 PM
somebody make me feel stupid,....i am just gettin into quad racing, and all i know are dirt track cars(mainly sprints and late models) and asphalt sprint cars.....what does TT stand for???

dirtmomma
12-26-2004, 09:00 PM
somebody make me feel stupid,....i am just gettin into quad racing, and all i know are dirt track cars(mainly sprints and late models) and asphalt sprint cars.....what does TT stand for???

TT stands for "tourist trophy" :) the track has left & right hand turns w/ a couple rollers in it. It's fun!! The one I rode though was a little severe I bottomed out big time :( too low

Groomsy
12-27-2004, 10:28 AM
hmmm don't want that then.......i just wanna turn left..screw all that turnin right......i don't even like turnin right when i am trail ridin :D o well........i found a whole list of circle tracks on the web last night, but i have been to 50% of em for sprint races, and that is all they do is cars.....i'll find somethin someday i reckon

sharkinthepool
12-27-2004, 10:35 AM
No dude it is a blast. And you can almost run at top speed. The tracks are usually well groomed and the corners can get a tad bit slick. If your quad is widened out you can scream around the thing!

There is a track in Mt. Gilead!!! Sunset Ramblers runs oval track. We go there a lot over the summer.

sharkinthepool
12-27-2004, 10:36 AM
Where are you at?

Groomsy
12-27-2004, 10:40 AM
I am about an hour south of Chillicothe in a little place called Piketon......ain't much here so in order to race i am gonna have to do a decent amount of drivin

sharkinthepool
12-27-2004, 10:50 AM
Well, sorry about that man. Sunset Ramblers falls in the northern district so yeah it is a pretty good drive for you. There are 5 to 7 of us that make the trip up there every Saturday race they have, as long as the TT's are not running in Ohio. It is fun but not as fun as a TT.

Groomsy
12-27-2004, 10:57 AM
the main reason for wanting to run ST is i have a basic knowledge of what goes on drivin fast and turning left from my sprint car experience...i have been on a sprint car pitcrew for a little over a year now and i feel more comfortable on ovals than i do anywhere. i would hate to think that there is only 1 or 2 oval tracks in the whole state that will allow quads to race. i have been thinkin about asking a guy that owns a track in chillicothe if he would open up to quads a few times a summer before they start the late models/sprints/etc. it would be a great way for him to make a lil extra admission money and for some of the local quad riders to get out and have some fun. and plus, as long as everyone used flattrack tires(hoosier, american racer) we couldn't do to much damage to the track.

sharkinthepool
12-27-2004, 11:00 AM
The series in Mt. Gilead runs both knobby and flat track tire so no one is turned away. Everyone of every shape size and quad can try!

Groomsy
12-27-2004, 11:04 AM
hmmm that places actually sounds familiar. i used to ride bulls there..........maybe they race close to where i rode at.......did usay that wass TT or ST???

sharkinthepool
12-27-2004, 11:31 AM
Mt Gilead is ST

Orriville and Ashtabula are the TT's.

Groomsy
12-27-2004, 01:15 PM
does the MT Gilead track have a website???
me and my stepdad are makin plans to visit Sunset Scramblers one weekend when thy are racing. If i could find out when there is going to be a race at Mt. Gilead i would go to it too. i want to go watch a couple races b4 i actuallly go and race. i wanna get an idea of how it all works.
u have been a great help man, thanks alot for helpin a beggining racer.

sharkinthepool
12-27-2004, 01:30 PM
http://www.sunsetramblers.com/

That is the website.
In the first page scroll to the bottom and then you will see the Bruces name and email address. Contact him. He will try and get you some dates!

There site is pretty much closed until closer to race time. usually there are all kind of pictures and pics of the tracks.

But he can help you!

Groomsy
12-27-2004, 01:33 PM
i am lost is Sunset Scramblers in Mt Gilead?

sharkinthepool
12-28-2004, 05:09 AM
No I am sorry it is actually in Galion. But Mt Gilead is only 13 miles away.Sorry about that!

Groomsy
12-28-2004, 09:33 AM
thanx alot man also if i could get it arranged how many ppl would come to Chillicothe for a flat track race??....it is a 3/8 mile high-banked oval..........if i get a decent amount of ppl that would come for sure i am going to go talk to the owner and see if he will have an all quad night one weekend..maybe if it turns out good he will have i more than once.....

dirtmomma
12-28-2004, 09:44 AM
thanx alot man also if i could get it arranged how many ppl would come to Chillicothe for a flat track race??....it is a 3/8 mile high-banked oval..........if i get a decent amount of ppl that would come for sure i am going to go talk to the owner and see if he will have an all quad night one weekend..maybe if it turns out good he will have i more than once.....

Is this the sprint car track?? Heck ask the owner/promoter if he'd run quads @ half time or something to see how the crowds like it & I bet he'd be surprised!!!!
If we lived by ya I'd definetly come & bring 4 racers but we don't bummer :( Good Luck

Groomsy
12-28-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Is this the sprint car track?? Heck ask the owner/promoter if he'd run quads @ half time or something to see how the crowds like it & I bet he'd be surprised!!!!
If we lived by ya I'd definetly come & bring 4 racers but we don't bummer :( Good Luck

yea they run everything from sprints to late models, pro stocks, evrything really.......i am going to make an attempt to get ahold of him and see what he thinks...maybe try it out at the season opener and see how the fans react to it.......quads are huge in this part of ohio so it should turn out farely well

to bad u don't live closer.....everyone races MX around here but i am sure i could round up a few of my friends to go and get some of my lovely friends on EXRiders to come and help:D and i am sure it would be atleast a once a month thing if it turns out well(hopefully)

sharkinthepool
12-28-2004, 11:18 AM
If we have to have flat ttrack tires, maybe 2 of us. If we can run knobbys possibly 5 to 6 with me.

Groomsy
12-28-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by sharkinthepool
If we have to have flat ttrack tires, maybe 2 of us. If we can run knobbys possibly 5 to 6 with me.

alrigh man that is awesome i will talk to him hopefully sometime soom get all the details about tires and what not...and well i'll keep ya posted
anyone else wanna try to get in on this????if it happens.....IT'S GONNA BE FUN!

captain mike
12-28-2004, 07:14 PM
i'm from marietta, and unless they been running quads at the local gokart track i don't know of any ovals that run quad. our local motocross track has a drag strip and that's about it. you might try the district site http://www.district11ama.com/ and heres the site for the north half of the state http://www.d12ama.com/ good luck:)

Groomsy
12-28-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by captain mike
i'm from marietta, and unless they been running quads at the local gokart track i don't know of any ovals that run quad. our local motocross track has a drag strip and that's about it. you might try the district site http://www.district11ama.com/ and heres the site for the north half of the state http://www.d12ama.com/ good luck:)
I think they may run at the cart track.this guy who i am gettin this info from hasn't raced in a few years so they may have quit racin there.