PDA

View Full Version : Front Plastic Removal

HFMex1
12-26-2004, 03:00 PM
Ok heres the deal,
Im trying to take the front plastic completely off my yellow 400EX
Everything is going fine, got the fender bolts removed, all of the little plastic plug clip things, the light electrical connections( The green wire connector.

Then I get to the ignition switch wire connecter and it wont come out. It is one of those female/male connecter with three wires going in and out. The manual says to just lift the tab on the female section and seperate. However this isnt seeming to do anything. I even tryed to disconnect the same connecter on my red EX. I cant get that one appart either. Im stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated, although I do kinda feel stupid for asking how to dissconect a wire connecter.

TC426EX
12-26-2004, 03:07 PM
Those things are a pain in the neck I agree with you... I still havent learned the proper way to take those apart so I just push the tab on each side with a flat head screw driver until I can pull it apart...

stick400
12-26-2004, 11:30 PM
not sure if this is the same one but when i took mine off i thought you just pushed the clip down and it would come apart but this one i had to take a small flat head and push the tab up for it to slid out

da400hon
12-29-2004, 09:04 PM
those things are a pain i had to use a flatblade screwdriver to get mine off.