PDA

View Full Version : Pipe shootout for the 450R?

Jonas
12-26-2004, 01:38 PM
Has anyone seen a pipe shootout for the TRX450R?

mikes450r
12-26-2004, 01:48 PM
i havent....been waiting along time to see one though

Mobile Dyno
12-26-2004, 02:57 PM
I would like to do one:D

brandonpeake
12-26-2004, 05:57 PM
welll ive got one in the works i just got to get the bike back together so far i got a baldwins pipe, hmf ballance and a sniper exhaust from hsd racing,
all are full systems and im working on getting some dyno time but everything else is lined up ill have a full story on my website, 450r.net (http://www.450r.net)
in the tech section

WhiteZee
12-26-2004, 10:42 PM
dirtwheels is going to be doing one and its going to open some peoples eyes. i image it will be in the feb or march issue.

also, brandonpeake you are wasting a lot of time and money with that comparsion, they will all be around 1hp of each other. another thing you should know : your test is going to be pointless unless you have a new cam installed, since the stock cam limits the peak hp. with the stock cam, no pipe will ever make any more peak hp then the stock exaust. check out trx450.org for more info if you dont believe me, theres a sticky in the engine forum.

Jersey450R
12-27-2004, 05:23 AM
TC = Great motocross pipe
HMF = Gobs of low end
Sparks = great midrange hit
Yoshi = screaming top
baldwin = awesome overall pipe
FMF = Let the dealer keep it

brandonpeake
12-27-2004, 07:48 AM
my comparison is on a fully built motor, is the only reason im doing it

Phillip
12-27-2004, 01:20 PM
hey jersey 450r y do u say leave the fmf at the dealer? i got a fmf full system on mine so bring it up and ill choo u up!!!!!!

Killdmycobra
12-27-2004, 06:10 PM
The word on the street is the Pulse Charger is the best pipe for every application! go to trx450r.org

R_rocket
12-27-2004, 08:18 PM
Hey, Jersey450r. I have a friend that says the fat boy is a good pipe. What do you think.

mikes450r
12-27-2004, 08:53 PM
are they even selling the pulsecharger yet..i have seen alot of pictures and talk about it...but have never seen one..

brandonpeake
12-27-2004, 09:27 PM
The word on the street is the Pulse Charger is the best pipe for every application! go to trx450r.org

personally that sounds like some marketing to me , no one pipe wil be the best at everything its not going to happen for 1 pipe to make better power on top bottom and mid than 3 different pipes made espically for each application

WhiteZee
12-28-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by brandonpeake
personally that sounds like some marketing to me , no one pipe wil be the best at everything its not going to happen for 1 pipe to make better power on top bottom and mid than 3 different pipes made espically for each application
i have seen you on trx450r.org, do you not read anything on there, if you did you would know why the PC is the best exaust for every application...

kazpr
12-28-2004, 12:38 AM
Zee some people learn from arguing points :)

WhiteZee
12-28-2004, 01:05 AM
i get tired of argueing with people that are not open minded.

Jersey450R
12-28-2004, 04:57 AM
Phillip, all I can say is...well...BRING IT! FMF blow dude.
R_Rocket, the fat boy is an ok pipe, i havent heard much of it thats all. The pipes i mentioned were all the popular ones everyone seems to be running at the time...We will know eventually if we ever see a true pipe shootout what the best overall pipe for the 450R is! :)

ohguy79
12-28-2004, 07:29 AM
There no point in argueing over what pipe is better. Unless you see dyno numbers. Even then that doesn't always matter. Just because one pipe has higher numbers doesn't mean it's the best pipe. I've seen pipes that don't have as high hp numbers but felt like they had more power. It's all in where they make their most power and what your using your bike for.
If someone has a pipe they like then to them that's the best pipe. Same as most of us. I really like my LRD. Does that means it's the best? No. But, It's what I like. If you like a certain pipe run it.
If you don't that fine. But, you don't have to tell someone with another brand their pipe is junk. Maybe they just like that brand just like everyone has their own opinion to which car/truck to drive. Don't take this the wrong way I'm not trying to stir sh**
It's just my opinion.

kazpr
12-28-2004, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Jersey450R
HMF = Gobs of low end
Yoshi = screaming top

My guess is that info is all from reading the Exrider forums :) As the previous poster said go with whatever you like. Pretty simple and have FUN!!

Jersey450R
12-28-2004, 07:48 AM
Kazpr, you smarter than the average bear ;) , lol!

EXRIDERS 4 LIFE!!!!! :macho

kwatts400
12-28-2004, 10:36 AM
I haven't heard anyone say anything about the Dr. D yet. I just ordered one yesterday!

btlblwnracer
12-28-2004, 10:58 AM
esr=awsome :devil: ......... but heavy , evrything has to have a downfall.
whitebrothers=crap (horrible fit and poor customer service)
pulsecharger=hype and great marketing , nothing is perfect but that is my opinion

Blown 331
12-28-2004, 11:50 AM
I'm running a Yoshimura TRS on mine and it's awesome. I've never seen the ESR. If it's anything like the ESR on my ATC250R I'd say that thing is one hell of a pipe!

devil6
12-28-2004, 03:35 PM
Anyone try pro circuit? i've been told that they are one of the better pipes out. And the pulsechargers are coming soon, just waiting on headers right now. From all the dyno's i've seen, they are by far the better pipe. That end cap isnt all show. It has a function. I do believe there is a shootout in the making, as the PC is suppost to be in it in dirtwheels one of these days, but i havent hurd a date yet.

WhiteZee
12-28-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by devil6
Anyone try pro circuit? i've been told that they are one of the better pipes out. And the pulsechargers are coming soon, just waiting on headers right now. From all the dyno's i've seen, they are by far the better pipe. That end cap isnt all show. It has a function. I do believe there is a shootout in the making, as the PC is suppost to be in it in dirtwheels one of these days, but i havent hurd a date yet.
yep, im sure it will be within the next three months. i cant wait untill they do it, some people are not going to believe how BS all the pipe companys are.

btlblwnracer
12-28-2004, 05:56 PM
and im sure the pulse charger is just going to blow all the other pipes out of the water :rolleyes: , and where are these dyno graphs ? last i checked they were'nt on the the pc web site .

devil6
12-28-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by btlblwnracer
and im sure the pulse charger is just going to blow all the other pipes out of the water :rolleyes: You seem skeptical, you'd be surprised at what that thing has allready done on some well respected peoples bikes.

kazpr
12-28-2004, 06:09 PM
Ya the pulse charger has already done some impresive things on some heavily modded bikes. For me I dont like how they look and that is important part of my bike to me is looks. Peace :)

Jersey play nice with the other kids please :)

devil6
12-28-2004, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by kazpr
Ya the pulse charger has already done some impresive things on some heavily modded bikes. For me I dont like how they look and that is important part of my bike to me is looks. Peace :)

Jersey play nice with the other kids please :) Now that is a reply i can respect! Usually i get bombed with " this pipe sucks because it doesent say(insert favorite pipe mfg here) on the side"! Yah, it is different looking, i will agree on that. I wouldnt want to spend $6500 on a quad and then bolt something to it i didnt like either.

12-28-2004, 06:30 PM
fro mwhat iv'e read over at www.trx450r.org the Dr.D is a great pipe for a recreational rider..i plan to get one of these pretty soon

Thump_It
12-28-2004, 07:03 PM
Well I (as well as many others) have been waiting to see the results from the Pulse Charger. If they do infact blow away the competition, more power to them, but damn they should look into restyling that thing. Even though it might work really well, it looks like a toy or something. The PC better be something special to make up for those looks and hefty price tag.

popo
12-28-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Jersey450R
HMF = Gobs of low end
Yoshi = screaming top

The Baldwin is made by HMF but with a Baldwin decal on them.

devil6
12-28-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by popo
The Baldwin is made by HMF but with a Baldwin decal on them. LOL, thats funny! Does hmf make their own pipes? or are they like some others who contract out? i know thepowerpros makes a bunch of pipes, then peps just slap stickers on them, and call them their own. Amazing what a name does for powerband huh?:p

kazpr
12-28-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by devil6
LOL, thats funny! Does hmf make their own pipes? or are they like some others who contract out? i know thepowerpros makes a bunch of pipes, then peps just slap stickers on them, and call them their own. Amazing what a name does for powerband huh?:p

Ya I was told long ago that HMF made baldwins pipes. Ya HMF actually does make pipes.

lukester720
12-28-2004, 09:26 PM
Here is some good pipe info for you all that you might find useful.:D EXHAUST FAQ (www.trx450r.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=1658)

Here is one that we've been working on to match the lenth to riding style:Performance Pipe Dimensions (www.trx450r.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=4052)

I hope this helps! ;)

Jersey450R
12-29-2004, 07:07 AM
Lukester, thats good info right there!

lukester720
12-29-2004, 03:43 PM
Thanks, I though someone might find it useful.:D