PDA

View Full Version : racing fenders in the woods

jaywoodsrider
04-23-2002, 07:09 PM
I just purchased maier race fenders with the flares from rockymountainatv. I do a lot of riding in the woods and in the mud. Should I keep the flares or send them back and save 50 dollars. Your input would be much appreciated.

Tlongs400
04-23-2002, 07:38 PM
i don't really like the flares,but if u ride in alot of mud it might pay to keep them;)

Woodsrider
04-23-2002, 08:20 PM
If you're in the mud alot, you'll be glad you have them. Unless you like the taste of mud:blah

Ex'r Marlin
04-23-2002, 08:59 PM
When I bought my 300ex, it had the Maier race front fender on it. I really like it..... Looks real cool!!!! After a few group rides, and after a lot of people asking me if I really like getting as muddy as I do, I decided to purchase them Maier front fender extenders. Wow, what a difference!!!!! Yes, I like the look better without the extenders, but they sure keep me cleaner!!!! Definetly worth the money for me!!!!!! The only negative I really have is that I got used to seeing my front tires while riding, I no longer can do that with the extenders.

Note: Make sure you put some "Lock Tite" on the bolts and nuts!

Moto92
04-23-2002, 10:44 PM
I always ride the woods with race fenders. Now that Im used to being able to see my front tires I hate a quad with them. I got on my friends 400 that still has the fenders and I felt like I was on a foreman.

04-25-2002, 12:12 PM
honestly, I have a 300ex.. race cut.. and thats all I do is trail ride through mud etc.. and other riders with me are always just as muddy (ie Warrior, Rancher, Suzu lt250r). I didn't notice any difference. I would not get them, but thats just me.. Once you get used to seeinf your front tires, you will not want to go back, It helps out a lot when trial riding.. getting around humps or rocks easier!.

twisted threads
04-29-2002, 12:43 PM
on my 250r I dont have any fenders and I like it. I ride it now mostly in the dunes but I have spent lots of hours on the rails and the woods and I got little bit more muddy than I would have gotten on my Ex but its not to bad. I will some day buy a set of fenders for my Ex and cut them so I will have one of each. I got to agree with jesusbuiltmyEX that once you get used to looking at your front tires it is hard to change.