PDA

View Full Version : first upgrades

300exrolla
12-25-2004, 11:00 PM
Im about to start doing some of my first upgrades to my 2002 300ex which is completely stock. Im looking for some of you guys opinions on a few things. First off, I've been looking for a reputable online dealer to buy my parts from. Some of the parts that I have looked thru are pipes/mufflers and air filter/jet kits Im gonna also put on a 250r hood and a new set of bars and grips to change its look. So far I have looked at several online sites and am undecided as to who to order from. Theres a place called Ronnie's that seems to have good prices, although they have a limited selection on parts. Anyways Im new to modding a quad, lol last atv I had was an Honda Atc lol..and it was purchased mostly modded. Any suggestions from you guys that own modded 300s would be sweet.

300exrolla:devil:

EXRIDER400KFX
12-25-2004, 11:17 PM
hey man welcome to exriders. oops i mean atv riders.:p anyways you should try www.rockymountainatv.com . thats where i order all my parts from. mainly cheapest place and good service. anyways to get down to it. for a exhaust i would suggest you get a full system HMF. rocky mountain doesn't sell that. you can buy that from www.hmfengineering.com though. good exhaust. i would recommend an Uni air filter. K and N is good, but way to much to keep up with and clean, etc. and i love my tag handlebars. look good and hold up great. if you need any other help just post away and we will be glad to help ya ;) btw my cousin(tp300ex) use to have a 300ex. they are nice little play trail bikes. enjoy your stay here :D

maxamillion
12-26-2004, 06:19 AM
check out C&D Racing too (site sponsor)

Jersey450R
12-26-2004, 06:53 AM
definitly invest in a case saver. we all know what happens when we throw chains on 300ex/250X's. next, definitly lose the balloon tires that come with them. then i would get a pipe...probably a HMF, the nerfs.

300exrolla
12-26-2004, 03:02 PM
Ok, case saver ..hadnt thought of adding one of those yet.:devil: I'll check into the HMF exhaust as well. As far as tires go, Im gonna add some sand stars on a set of ITPs ..I ride alot on sand at a local river park. Also do some trail riding, but Ill likely keep the ballons for that, as I dont ride trails that often. Well come to think of it, the sand stars have been what Ive found some reasonable prices on, whats some opinions on those tires lol. Thanks for the suggestions.

300exrolla:devil:

ny300exrider
12-26-2004, 03:18 PM
get some ac nerf bars before an exaust, if your foot slips off the footpeg without nerfs you got a good chance of running yourself over and breaking an ankle. i would get nerfs before anything

maskale
12-26-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by ny300exrider
get some ac nerf bars before an exaust, if your foot slips off the footpeg without nerfs you got a good chance of running yourself over and breaking an ankle. i would get nerfs before anything

I second that, I got put in the hospital because I did not have nerfs. IN a spit second your foot can slip off and your in the dirt in pain.

drifterx
12-26-2004, 08:05 PM
Ya, if you get nerfs too, you won't be worried about falling off, so you can ride harder i think! Get tires, nerfs, exhaust, air filter, jet kit, CR High bend handlebars and a 250r hood.