PDA

View Full Version : What is the future of 250r's?

RIDER11X
12-25-2004, 09:33 PM
How long will parts be available? Has Honda discontinued any of the parts yet?:confused:

JTRtrx250r
12-26-2004, 02:28 AM
Ive wondered the same thing before, Ive heard of a few parts not being made anymore, but it seems the aftermarket Co.'s keep the majority alive and have...thats why they milk ppl so bad too:mad: :D 4strokes will always be and these 250Rs are gonna be big collector units Im thinkin', either way...be ready to spend if ya wanna go hi-end, otherwise they're just fun to build, customize and ride like most...they just have a wicked feel
:D

RIDER11X
12-26-2004, 08:13 AM
I am considering buying an 87, and wanted to know what I was getting into.:cool:

nacs400ex
12-26-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by RIDER11X
I am considering buying an 87, and wanted to know what I was getting into.:cool:

Well you will most likely be getting into a new passion. I love my R to death, and I dont even want to think about selling it.

250rs arent going to dissapear just like that. Everyone recognizes them as an excellent quad. You just dont see many pros with them, because the factorys arent paying to ride 250rs

4StrokeNewbee
12-26-2004, 10:09 PM
in my opinion once the 4 strokes start giving everyone problems the 250r are gonne be pulled out of storage and the 2 stroke legacy will live again

nacs400ex
12-26-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by 4StrokeNewbee
in my opinion once the 4 strokes start giving everyone problems the 250r are gonne be pulled out of storage and the 2 stroke legacy will live again

Just wait till 400ex's are 18 yrs old like the R. See how they compare to the R, once their frames are beat on, and motors are trashed they will be worth nothing.

blb515
12-27-2004, 10:07 PM
I own a 86 model and think it is a great all around quad, but you have to consider that it is almost twenty years old and you are always going to have things go wrong with anything that old. I dont think parts availability will be an issue anytime soon because of all the aftermarket companies out there.

beerock
12-27-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by nacs400ex
Just wait till 400ex's are 18 yrs old like the R. See how they compare to the R, once their frames are beat on, and motors are trashed they will be worth nothing.

THE R WILL ALWAYS BE WORTH SOMETHING

I garauntee when they get rare the price will go up again, even more .

JTRtrx250r
12-27-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by beerock
THE R WILL ALWAYS BE WORTH SOMETHING

I garauntee when they get rare the price will go up again, even more . ;)

XANDADA
12-28-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by RIDER11X
How long will parts be available? Has Honda discontinued any of the parts yet?:confused:

There are some parts that are discontinued, but you can still find them all on ebay or websites like this in the for sale section. I've replaced just about everything on mine and haven't had a problem finding a part yet. Service Honda is good for new oem parts and ECATV has a huuuge stock of used and reconditioned R parts...

beak7707
12-28-2004, 08:22 PM
I think you will be fine, I wouldnt worry about finding parts. The parts that are known to break will still be produced because somebody knows they will be able to make a buck. And the used parts flying around is unreal. I think you would be happy with it if its a good clean R.

pismoracer
12-29-2004, 08:38 AM
they have discontinued some items. It will be a matter of time before they discontinue all of them i would imagine. Its unfortunate. but at least they have put out an ok alternative. At least its an R and begins with the letters TRX! lol

ddbyrd
01-01-2005, 09:45 PM
Parts are not a problem.... Go to [url]www.servicehonda.com[url]. ALL factory Honda parts for all year "R's"

Rich250RRacer
01-02-2005, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by ddbyrd
Parts are not a problem.... Go to [url]www.servicehonda.com[url]. ALL factory Honda parts for all year "R's"

Just because they say that doesnt' mean they have everything,
I have run in to quite a few discontinued parts while restoring an
86. Granted, many of them are parts a racer would never use, and suitable replacements are available in the aftermarket. Just because a part number comes up in their computer, does not mean it's available, availabilty is checked once an order is placed with Honda. Honda doesn't even update their price books on a regular basis. You can still find items, such as complete motors and chassis, still in there although they have been gone for many years.

beerock
01-02-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Rich250RRacer
Just because they say that doesnt' mean they have everything,
I have run in to quite a few discontinued parts while restoring an
86. Granted, many of them are parts a racer would never use, and suitable replacements are available in the aftermarket. Just because a part number comes up in their computer, does not mean it's available, availabilty is checked once an order is placed with Honda. Honda doesn't even update their price books on a regular basis. You can still find items, such as complete motors and chassis, still in there although they have been gone for many years.

hes right

they discontinued 8r cranks and i think its still on there site