PDA

View Full Version : restricter??

Lou400ex
12-25-2004, 09:17 PM
At the dealer they mentioned something of a restricter on pipe and carb on 50's. is this true couldn't find it in manual. I have a bombardier ds 50. I still need to brake in the new quads but want to get ready to make them faster than stock.
Lou

Arctic Cat Dad
12-25-2004, 09:53 PM
Here is where they were on our Arctic Cat 50. It's the same quad as yours but different plastic. 1- Where the tail pipe connects to the expansion chamber, there was a washer in there.2 The bomb should have a different air box that connects right to the carb,mine has the air tube connecting the carb and airbox. There was a washer in the air tube on mine. 3- There is a brass sleeve in the top of the carb. This keeps the slide from opening all the way up.4- In the variator there was a brass bushing in between the 2 variator halves. The variator is in the clutch system. It is the front pully right behind the kickstarter. this bushing is about a quarter of an inch wide. It keeps the pullys from going all the way together keeping the belt lower in the pullys. 5- the rear sprocket was a 50 tooth. But I believe the bomb is smaller. Some of these may have been removed from your local dealer. Hope this helps.

Lou400ex
12-25-2004, 09:58 PM
Arctic Cat Dad, should remove all those washers and bushings at once? Or just the air box and pipe washers to start?

Arctic Cat Dad
12-25-2004, 10:10 PM
How good of a rider ya got. I removed them all as soon as I found them. But Michael has been rideing since he was 3. I would try the pipe first . See how he does and go from there. Then you can remove as you like. You might not have the air box one. But it would only take a few minutes to remove the airbox and look. And the pipe is only 3 bolts that holds the talepipe onto the expansion chamber. Or you could remove them all and set the throttle limit screw behind the thumb throttle.

Lou400ex
12-25-2004, 10:17 PM
I have 5 and 7 year old, they road a rental 50 at Pismo last year for an hour. Thats it. already did the throttle screw, (quad barely moved). after backing off the throttle limiter screw it woke the quads up.
so let me get this right? I can remove the washer one at a time?
do I have ro mess with the jetting?
the air box is under th right front fender (geat access).
Lou

Arctic Cat Dad
12-25-2004, 10:34 PM
Yea you can remove them as you like. You will be fine on the jetting. The stock oil injecter mixes it way to rich anyway.It maynot have the airbox restrictor but I would check. I believe he's talking about the one on top of the slide in the carb. Remove the 2 screws on top of the carb. Remove the top of the carb where the throttle cable goes thru the carb and into the slide. There should be a piece of brass inbetween the top of the spring. But try this why you have the airbox off. Look thru the throat of the carb, you will see the slide in there. Now hold the thumb throttle wide open and see if the slide goes all the way up. If it does there isn't any restrictor in it. It should open all the way up the bottom of the slide should just be level with the top of the throat of the carb.If it doesn't open all the way up then the restrictor in in there.

Lou400ex
12-25-2004, 10:37 PM
Arctic Cat Dad,
Thanks for all the help, I will print out this thread so I am read I will have this info ready. thanks again!
Lou

Arctic Cat Dad
12-25-2004, 10:41 PM
No problem. I'm GLAD to help the youngns out. Have lots of fun.Check your messages in a little bit.

660bigdaddy
12-26-2004, 04:12 PM
are there any restrictors in the kasea 90 pipe?
thanks

AtvMxRider
12-26-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by 660bigdaddy
are there any restrictors in the kasea 90 pipe?
thanks

No, Just the restrictor in the carb.

01-07-2005, 03:07 PM
GREAT THREAD GUYS!!!! i'm rebuilding my little guys suz 50 and pulled off the intake going to the cyl. only to find it has a pressed in washer w/ a slot the size of a flat nickle!! thats got to go !!!!!!! i did check the slide and noticed it doesn't open fully but figured it was just the carb, i'm going out now to check for a washer in the top;) anyone know if the suz trany also has a limiter:confused:

Ericthered rdr
01-08-2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by 911
GREAT THREAD GUYS!!!! i'm rebuilding my little guys suz 50 and pulled off the intake going to the cyl. only to find it has a pressed in washer w/ a slot the size of a flat nickle!! thats got to go !!!!!!! i did check the slide and noticed it doesn't open fully but figured it was just the carb, i'm going out now to check for a washer in the top;) anyone know if the suz trany also has a limiter:confused:

No limiter in the tranny on the LT50 (I would say the entire tranny on the lt50 is a limiter but that is a whole nother discussion)

Pull the slide out of the carb and grind the top down intil the air way is completely open at wot.