PDA

View Full Version : Jetting New Stock '04 Raptor for GYT-R Air Filter and K&N Pre-Filter

JJoshadamSS
12-25-2004, 06:49 PM
Hello,

I am recently a new owner of a long awaited saving for a 2004 Black Raptor. It has been appropriately broken in and I bought a GYT-R Air Filter, GYT-R Jet Kit. I plan to run it with no air box cover and a K&N "sponge" Pre-filter. All the parts are bought and have been sitting in my garage forever. I think I'm finally ready to tackle the project but I am worried about what, 2 mains and pilot jets, I'm suppose to use out of the GYT-R Jet Kit. The bike is COMPLETELY STOCK. Any advice? Thanks for all your expert knowledge ahead of time! Please advise.

Very Respectfully,
Josh Adams
410-703-9365

mojoe2878
12-26-2004, 06:56 AM
i dont know what the stock jetting is on the raptor right off hand, but with what you are wanting to do i would go up 2 sizes on the main jet and atleast one size on the pilot but it would probably be easier to start if you bump it up 2 sizes on the pilot as well. after installing the larger pilot jet you may want to turn the air/fuel screw in about 1/2 to 3/4 of a turn.

JJoshadamSS
12-26-2004, 10:55 AM
I will find out the stock jetting. Where is the a/f screw? Your not talking about the throttle cable housing screw by the carbs where you can adjust the idle, right? Thanks for the info thus far.

Josh Adams

mojoe2878
12-26-2004, 06:18 PM
no its not the screw that adjust the idle.
it should be under the carb. in front of the float bowl , it is on most carbs. anyway, it adjusts the air/fuel mixture for the pilot jet.

JJoshadamSS
12-26-2004, 10:00 PM
Thanks for explaining. That will help a lot. Does anyone know of a raptor specific forum? Maybe they would have more advice. Thanks guys for everything.

Josh Adams

mojoe2878
12-26-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by JJoshadamSS
Thanks for explaining. That will help a lot. Does anyone know of a raptor specific forum? Maybe they would have more advice. Thanks guys for everything.

Josh Adams
try yzf or yfz central.com, i cant remember exactly which it is , but that is mainly a yamaha site. sorry if we couldnt give the answers you needed, i dont work on raptors very often.