PDA

View Full Version : Rekluse clutch oil

madini
12-25-2004, 06:04 PM
Just got my Rekluse clutch kit and am preparing to install it Sunday.I'm good with everything but the oil to be used.They recommend Chevron Delo 400. Walmart ? K-Mart? I know I saw that stuff somewhere.What weight? I'd call Rekluse but I wanted to do the job Sunday when I have a little free time...Any help? Thanks Madini

Lurkin
12-25-2004, 07:48 PM
use whatever you put in the engine side..i run amsoil in both sides.

jgfarmsracer
12-25-2004, 10:00 PM
delo 400 15w 40

Hammer trx450r
12-26-2004, 05:46 AM
Try Advanced auto parts ( where i get mine), someone said wall mart too

madini
12-26-2004, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the help guys.Walmart to the rescue! The clutch exchange went well but I didn't know what cable to use so I tried the stock cable with a perch I had from a 400 ex or something. BAD IDEA...Guess I need a perch and a new cable.I'll give Rekluse a call tomorrow.

Lurkin
12-26-2004, 06:20 PM
you dont even haveto have a cable if you dont wanna run one.

madini
12-27-2004, 05:35 PM
You are right Lurkin,and I am considering that option.I got it together tonight and did a few laps around my property.This is gonna be NICE...give me a little more time to tweak on the adjustments if only to make me more confidant and I'll be ready to rate this product.So far though,I see it as a great big help to making this bike even more fun to ride than it already is.

Lurkin
12-27-2004, 06:01 PM
yep great product.

CatMostFeared
12-28-2004, 09:42 PM
dont run the cable everything will work better but you need the spring part that goes on the motor where your clutch cable went

madini
12-29-2004, 08:23 PM
I looked for a return spring on the clutch arm as per the installation guide but I didn't see one.I put a Mugura Hyd.unit on back in March and I don't remember seeing it then either. Got my service manual from Honda out and don't find it there. If I have some kind of mental block i'm sorry but I am a little concerned.
I worry that I my cause clutch failure somewhere in the outback and have to walk home.
I have it working pretty well now but am having a time getting rid of the clutch drag without giving up all my free play in the clutch handle. If you guys can keep giving me hints I'm sure I'll get the adjustments made properly. Thanks,Madini