PDA

View Full Version : rim off-set pros & cons.

267ex
12-25-2004, 03:08 PM
i bought a set of GBC Dune Trackers from rocky mountain and they came on a wide off-set rim.

is there anything bad about wider rims than stock?

im going riding tomorrow and i just wanted to know if there was any thing i shouldnt do.

thanx

Florida400EX
12-25-2004, 03:30 PM
for the little bit of stability you gain(mostly mental), you create more force on the frontend, and bumpsteer will because a problem, and wear you out fast.

terko440
12-25-2004, 08:01 PM
Yeah I bought some from Rocky as well and they did the same thing. I think that's sort of bull on their part. But basically what Florida said. When I was going through a wooded area I didnt see a stump on the ground, and with that offset the handle bars came right on out of my hands. Not trying to make you feel like you wasted your money but if your patient enough, I would send them back and get some different wheels, because if you got the douglases as I did you cant flip those due to the shape of those hitting the front caliper. Dont get me wrong, they will work ok but because I didnt know much about offsets at the time I got mine I didnt complain but your at least realizing it now so it's you choice. Good luck!

TC426EX
12-26-2004, 07:14 AM
just what everyone else said...

Bumpsteer will be increased dramatically.